Investor, Growth Stage
Sequoia’s growth stage investing business only has one role: investor. You will join our small team with the same responsibilities as your new partners and we will work collectively to identify and build the fundamental technology companies of tomorrow.
- Generating investment opportunities
- Conducting due diligence and making investment recommendations
- Supporting founders in building enduring companies
We believe in an apprenticeship model, wherein people with extraordinary promise are given a chance to learn the business over a period of many years. Ideally, everyone will remain with Sequoia for his or her entire career, but continued performance is expected from every investor, regardless of tenure.
Characteristics we value:
- Outlier mentality
- Clarity of thought
- Intellectual curiosity
- Low ego
- Moral compass
Why it's a great position:
- Founders – we serve some of the smartest, most passionate, most interesting founders in the world
- Team – a small team means a lot of responsibility and a steep learning curve
- Philosophy – our apprenticeship model provides a career path for those who thrive in our environment
- Purpose – venture capital is fuel for the engine of innovation that propels our world forward
- Day-to-day – venture capital is an inherently optimistic and fun job
Representative Portfolio Companies: 23andMe, Airbnb, Apple, Cisco, Doordash, Dropbox, EA, Eventbrite, Google, Houzz, HubSpot, Instacart, LinkedIn, Medallia, MongoDB, NVIDIA, Okta, Oracle, Paypal, Palo Alto Networks, Qualtrics, ServiceNow, Square, Stripe, Unity, Yahoo, YouTube, Zoom and many more. Our teams in China and India work with many of the market leaders in their geographies, as well.
How to Apply: Different formats cater to different candidates, so we offer multiple options to apply:
- Option A: in 500 words or less, please tell us a story about something that’s happened in the last few years that will give us a sense for who you are
- Option B: in 500 words or less, please tell us what one company (or category) we should invest in and why
- Option C: please send us your resume and college transcript
- Option D: please complete a 15 minute online video interview here
For any of Options A-C, please pdf your response and send it to OurNextInvestor@SequoiaCap.com, and please include a link to your LinkedIn page along with your email.
Timeline & Process Candidates who are invited to the next round will be notified by early July.
Confidentiality We appreciate that you may be quite happy at your current job, and may not be actively looking for something new. We wouldn’t want to mess that up, so all applications will be treated as confidential.