Security cameras backed by smart software.
San Mateo, CA, US
Job Description / Skills Required
At Verkada, we’re rethinking what it means to be physically safe. Today, we build security cameras that detect action, identify danger and help keep people and places safe and secure. Using a combination of software and hardware, we’re transforming an industry that has seen little innovation for decades—and we already support thousands of customers. But this is just the beginning. We envision a world in which security systems feel as seamless and modern as the organizations they protect and our enterprise solution becomes a model for not just business security, but public security as well.
Verkada is seeking Product Specialists / Evangelists for New Products . We are looking for individuals with a technical background who have an interest in connected, smart buildings. We are developing networks of sensors, actuators and software platforms designed to transform how we secure and interact with physical assets. We are looking for adventurous people who are excited about ideating, testing and evangelizing new technology that impacts every person who works in an office. We are looking for people who are highly motivated and can learn quickly. Prior experience with IoT devices, databases management, video security systems, or access controls is helpful. We have a particular interest in folks who like to work with their hands - tell us about how a project that you have tinkered with or a renovation project you’ve worked on.
This individual will be leading the charge as we take new products to market. This includes testing early prototypes at alpha customer sites, interfacing with customers to understand their needs, and partnering with our sales team as we take our prototypes to market.
- Experience scripting in Python or other coding languages.
- Strong understanding of Linux & SQL.
- Strong knowledge of electrical engineering.
- Strong knowledge of Networking fundamentals: VLANs, TCP/IP, DNS, NAT devices, DHCP servers, and software systems.
- Entrepreneurial and positive attitude with a strong desire to learn
- Genuine excitement for software + hardware products and can speak comfortably about how they work
- Excellent account management, follow-through, and attention to detail.
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or a related field from an accredited university.
- Industry certifications are a plus: AWS, CCNA, MCSE, CEH, Security+, A+, Network+
- Hands on experience with Rasberry Pi is a plus
About our team
Behind the scenes, we’re a team of computer scientists, hardware engineers and experienced founders who saw a chance to make a real impact. We’re united by the challenge of building beautiful products, designed for real people—and by our commitment to using technology responsibly. We believe keeping data private and secure is core to our safety as individuals, businesses and communities and we put great care into building systems that embody our values as people. Likewise, many of Silicon Valley’s top investors believe in us: we’re backed by Sequoia Capital, FirstRound, Meritech and Siemens (Next47).
Verkada is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status, and encourage all qualified applicants to apply.