Attentive®️ is a personalized text messaging platform for innovative brands.
Lead Product Manager
United States of America
Job Description / Skills Required
Attentive is a mobile messaging platform changing the way consumers interact with businesses and organizations. The company is one of the fastest growing startups in New York City and recently raised a $70 million Series C investment led by Sequoia and IVP—two of the world’s leading venture firms—in January 2020, less than 6 months after its Series B round due to strong customer traction. We’ve seen 347% customer growth in just one year, and now work with 750+ of the most innovative brands like Coach, Urban Outfitters, CB2, PacSun, Lulus, Party City, and Jack in the Box. Attentive was founded in 2016 by the co-founders of TapCommerce, a mobile marketing platform that was acquired by Twitter in 2014.
We are seeking a Lead Product Manager to join our rapidly growing product team. You will work cross-functionally with product managers, designers, engineers and go to market stakeholders to direct product development from start to finish. If you’re looking to optimize for learning & development and want to find a role where you can level up and grow in your career, this is an excellent opportunity. This role reports into our VP, Product.
You @ Attentive
- You have at least 4 years of experience as a Product Manager.
- You measure your success as a PM through shipped software; you can point to specific examples where you have shipped a meaningful feature, particularly under challenging circumstances (e.g. tight deadlines, competing priorities, etc).
- You have experience working on a highly technical product and/or you have a strong technical background
- You have experience assuming the core Product Manager responsibilities in an Agile environment, e.g. grooming & prioritizing a product backlog, writing product requirements, preparing work for sprint planning, attending the team standup, working with your engineering counterparts to support the team throughout the sprint, etc.
- You have experience setting up, running and measuring the results of lower cost product experiments aimed at validating assumptions and gathering initial data.
- You are deeply analytical and are comfortable sorting through data & using it to make data driven decisions.
- You understand how to balance speed vs. robustness in what you build - i.e. you want to build everything the right way, but accept that trade-offs must sometimes be made to push the business forward.
- You are enthusiastic about the high impact, fast-paced, but often roller coaster environment of an early stage startup.
- You are comfortable in a B2B organization where sometimes our best laid roadmap plans can get blown up by the need to support a million dollar deal.
- You are an excellent communicator and storyteller (written & verbal), both with technical and non-technical audiences.
- You are comfortable representing the product internally and externally with customers.
- You are comfortable rolling up your sleeves and doing whatever it takes to push the product forward.
- You have experience or an interest in mentoring more junior product managers.
Product Development @ Attentive
- Our backend is Java and Python microservices coupled with DynamoDB, Kinesis, AirFlow, MySql, Postgres, and Redis.
- Our frontend is built on current best practices leveraging Babel, Webpack, React, and Redux.
- Our team is 40+ engineers, product managers and designers from top tech companies including Google, Microsoft, Twitter, Moat, Oscar and AppNexus.
- We believe our company will win in the long run through product innovation. To get there, we obsess over iteratively delivering customer value through rapid prototyping and data driven decision making.
Benefits & Perks
- Robust benefits package including access to a 401k and various medical, dental and vision plans, and $100/month gym reimbursement
- Free catered lunch, customized snacks and drinks, cold-brew coffee and kombucha on tap
- Excellent team offsites, regular company-wide social events
- An extremely enthusiastic team that appreciates collaboration