Druva is a leading provider of continuous data protection and disaster recovery solutions.
As an Engineering Manager you will be leading a team of architects, developers and testers. The role requires improvement and involvement across the full product development lifecycle from product roadmap planning, requirements specification, design, delivery, test, documentation, release management to support and maintenance. In addition you will be responsible for talent management activities including hiring, mentoring, feedback through regular 1-1s, performance appraisals, etc.
- Coordinate with Product Management, UX and architects to come up with high level design for the features, estimates, plan and timelines for the delivery.
- This is a hands on role that involves understanding the product at a detailed level and contributing to design discussions and code reviews.
- Define release scope in conjunction with product mgmt, own end-to-end delivery of new features and service releases, often in parallel.
- Help with ongoing escalations as required Establish lean engineering practices such as CI/CD, TDD, effective code reviews, etc.
- Defining the team structure and hiring and strengthening the team to support product road map and company vision.
- Coach, mentor and provide regular & timely feedback to direct reports.
- 10-15 Years of Experience with a consistent track record in development projects involving product development as individual contributor and team/tech lead.
- 3+ years managing a team of 5+ people
- Experience in leading the development of complex, distributed systems based on Service Oriented Architecture/Micro services (preferred).
- Understand modern programming languages such as Go/Python programming and concepts such as multi-threading, data intensive applications, no SQL DB’s
- Demonstrated experience in building products in the areas of Cloud/SaaS (preferred) services, Storage, Networking/Security.
- Understanding of cloud technologies (AWS preferred ) is plus Start-up development and/or management experience is nice to have.
- Experience of managing, motivating, developing / coaching and appraising team assigned to the project