Druva is a leading provider of continuous data protection and disaster recovery solutions.
Senior Software Engineer - Escalations
Job Description / Skills Required
Druva is the global leader in Cloud Data Protection and Management, delivering the industry’s first data management-as-a-service solution that aggregates data from endpoints, servers and cloud applications and leverages the public cloud to offer a single pane of glass to enable data protection, governance and intelligence–dramatically increasing the availability and visibility of business critical information, while reducing the risk, cost and complexity of managing and protecting it.
Druva’s award-winning solutions intelligently collect data, and unify backup, disaster recovery, archival and governance capabilities onto a single, optimized data set. As the industry’s fastest growing data protection provider, Druva is trusted by over 4,000 global organizations, and protects over 40 PB of data.
Please do visit us at : https://www.druva.com/about/
Druva inSync, our flagship entrant into the world of backup and storage, is a unified approach towards backup, collaboration, security, data encryption, and data insights. InSync is robust in design, unified in structure, and flexible in its expanse. Our talented team has ensured that inSync can provide backup across varied endpoints; integrated file sharing; enterprise-grade security; DLP integrated with encryption; geo-tracking; in-depth data insights with real-time reporting capabilities. inSync’s unified platform approach, consolidated endpoint management, deduplication, and uni-client design ensures greater savings in terms of time, IT governance, and user efforts.
- Work closely with the team of highly technical engineers with troubleshooting/debugging expertise and help troubleshoot complex problems seen in the field
- Own and drive the production issues investigation and identifying the root cause, delivering a solution and working with the engineering team.
- Liaison with management to prioritize incoming requests from the field
- Drive validation of future releases in staging environment for customer use cases, gatekeeper for product release and quality assurance
- Ensure communication flows well cross-functionally for product updates and known issues.
- First response for production issues (including off hours) and engaging with the engineering team to deliver quick resolution.
- 5+ years of experience in a combination of Engineering and Sustaining leadership roles.
- 1+ years’ application troubleshooting experience.
- 1+ years’ relevant customer facing experience.
- 1+ years’ in a technical role working primarily in a UNIX or Linux environment.
- 2+ years of experience in o365 / SharePoint development.
- Experience of programming in C/C++, PERL, Bash or other relevant language.
- Knowledge in Unix/Linux network administration. Windows would be an added advantage.
- Knowledge of TCP/IP
- Strong problem-solving skills and demonstrated ability to articulate and present technical solutions
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal, with the ability to develop and maintain working relationships at all levels, both with customers and internally
- Customer focused, with strong teamwork skills and a flexible self-motivated approach
- Willingness to work in out of hours on-call rotation
- Experience in enterprise software, deep knowledge on software development including threading, network and disk IO, data transformations, data integrity, systems management, systems administration and monitoring
- Ability to read software code and communicate with development team
- Familiarity with AWS and Azure Cloud Infrastructure
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Computer Science or equivalent experience