Bird is a shared electric scooter company.
At Bird, we’re on a mission to make cities more livable by reducing traffic and carbon emissions with an affordable, convenient, and eco-friendly transportation option. We planted roots in Los Angeles, California. Now, our fleet of electric scooters is available to riders in cities around the world for short trips or the “last mile” of their journey. In our first year, Bird launched in over 100 cities and provided over 10 million rides. And we’re only just getting started.
As a Manager within DEI and the broader Talent Strategy & Development team, you will help set the overall strategy of DEI and execute against key people initiatives to unlock the potential of our employees and teams. You will be both a strategist and content creator for key deliverables across the business that support and solve complex challenges. As a company that touches millions of people across the world, we are committed to growing an organization that is as diverse as our user base so that we can intimately understand, and create for, the multifaceted cultures and identities of our customers.
- Support the design and execution of the global diversity, equity, and inclusion strategy
- Own the ideation, coordination, administration, and program management of all DEI programs, including: Employee Resource Groups, Recruiting programs, talent programs, etc.
- Serve as an DEI subject matter expert by giving perspective, insights, and knowledge in a consultative manner to stakeholders across the business including: c-suite, executives, managers, individual contributors, ERG leads, etc.
- Provide advisory to employee resources groups to guide them in delivering impactful, relevant, and measurable strategies
- Facilitate and support execution of internal events, workshops, and programs focused on increasing a sense of belonging and inclusion at Bird
- Partner with fellow People & Places team members to build and refine programs and processes with a DEI lens and ensure all programs are equitable
- Measure, track and analyze the effectiveness of DEI strategy and programs and develop appropriate action plans
- Lead employee engagement and culture initiatives globally, which includes informally overseeing a cross-functional culture team.
- Support the design and execution of our organizational people strategy
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent practical experience
- 5+ years of experience in the DEI space – bonus points for experience at high-growth companies
- Knowledge of principles, methods and tools within DEI
- Able to build strong working relationships across all levels of the organization
- Strong program and project management skills
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written
- Strong Excel / PowerPoint skills
- Able to take multiple and complex inputs and concepts and distill into simple, relevant and executable strategies that are relevant, pragmatic, easy-to-execute and drive impact
- Demonstrated ability to think creatively and influence with or without positional authority
- Demonstrated ability to analyze data and communicate insights to stakeholders – as well as to get creative when data does not readily exist
Culture at Bird
We're an ambitious, smart, and open-minded group. Our employees are passionate about our mission, and eager to complete their work at the highest level. The office itself is up tempo and supportive, because we care about each other. People first, people.
We want people to succeed at Bird, so we give our teams plenty of time off to relax and recharge. We also offer a generous employer-paid healthcare coverage, on-demand doctor visits, childcare support, a pre-tax commuter account for mass transit or parking, a wellness stipend, and more.
Bird is the world
Bird stands for a culture of inclusion. We celebrate different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives —encouraging everyone to bring their authentic selves to work. We have a diverse environment that empowers our team to feel comfortable when they voice their opinions. For these reasons and more Bird is a proud equal employment opportunity employer. We welcome everyone regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or genetics, and we are dedicated to providing an inclusive, open, and diverse work environment.
Sound like a place you’d like to work? Sweet. Let’s chat.