Carousell is a consumer-to-consumer mobile marketplace.
Carousell is one of the world's largest and fastest growing mobile classifieds apps with a mission to inspire every person in the world to start selling and buying to make more possible for one another.
Since our launch in Aug 2012, we've expanded into 8 countries with over 250 million listings. As a team of passionate individuals working together to solve meaningful problems, there is so much more for you to discover in a career with Carousell.
We are looking for a Group Finance Director for our fast-growing Finance Team in Singapore. Our ideal teammate will have a blend of Corporate Accounting, Corporate Finance, Tax and Treasury experience in a fast growing corporation. You’re comfortable working in the fast-paced environment in growth mode, while also having an eye for the nuances!
- Reporting to the Chief Financial Officer and lead the corporate and group controllership function includes accounting, finance, tax, treasury, P2P, O2C and corporate compliance
- Manage group audits, consolidation, corporate reporting with strong experience in IFRS
- Manage treasury function including multi-currency exposure in multiple countries
- Lead the Tax, Treasury and Compliance function, with in-house experts in the team
- Manage the Group Audits, regulators and tax compliance
- Lead highly qualified senior finance leaders across the region
- Strategic partner to FP&A, Product, business and other C-suite leaders in the group
- Support the leaders with insightful business & finance inputs relating to key business decisions
- Establish sound internal control and standard financial/operating procedure
- Lead special finance projects, manage the centralized finance systems with an ambition to further automate processes
- Manage finance integration of acquired entities which includes purchase price allocation, ESOP valuation, etc.
- Support corporate development initiatives and investor reporting
- Qualified CA or CPA with a degree in Accounting
- Preferably 10+ years overall experience in a fast-paced tech or e-commerce industry with at least 5 at big 4 in senior manager position; experience in managing senior leaders with regional exposure
- Hands-on and at the same time strategic. Ability to work at all levels (operational, tactical and strategic)
- Inspiring Communication and Leadership qualities, including the passion to help educate and level up the organization
- Strong business acumen with sound decision making qualities
- Experience in Finance Due Diligence in support of M&A, investments, etc.
- Experience in post-merger integration