Machine Learning Infrastructure Engineer
San Francisco, CA, US
Job Description / Skills Required
We are a San Francisco based team building self-driving semi trucks. We have raised $117MM in total and are backed by Tiger Global Management ($70MM Series C) and Sequoia Capital ($30MM Series B). We move freight daily between LA and Phoenix using our purpose built transfer hubs. This is an incredibly exciting time for autonomous driving and our team is looking to grow.
Embark’s AV Platform team is responsible for scaling our autonomous systems. We are a specialist team within the infrastructure group with a focus on building efficient, distributed machine learning and simulation systems for our core AV teams (Perception, Planning, Controls, and Hardware). To accomplish this, we push the latest technologies to the edge and build on them from there.
The AV Platform team at Embark is responsible for a number of projects ranging from machine learning pipelines to ground truth labeling to AV simulation to data engineering. You will work with a wide array of talented AV engineers with specialties and degrees in everything from deep learning to dynamics and controls to electrical and mechanical engineering. This offers an incredible opportunity to learn from AV experts while working with them to ship effective, high quality, productionized software. If you are interested in working at the forefront of extremely technical challenges, please read further!
- Design, build and own our perception data pipelines - from raw data to trained and tested models.
- Work with our perception teams to build efficient search interfaces for novel data.
- Accelerate model development and training with on-prem and cloud resources.
- Integrate with ground truth vendors to provide fresh, high quality labels.
- Productize and deploy cloud scale perception data algorithms.
Your Experience Should Include:
- BS or MS in computer science, engineering, or equivalent real-world experience.
- Strong, demonstrated abilities working with Python.
- Familiarity with cloud services such as AWS or GCP.
- Expertise in backend services written in Python and using traditional relational databases like MySQL.
Your Experience Might Also Include
- Proficiency in C++.
- Experience with training and scaling Tensorflow.
- Familiarity with containerization frameworks (Kubernetes, Docker, etc).
- Data visualization tools (Matplotlib, Bokeh, D3, three.js, etc).
When you apply, address the application to Jacqueline and let me know why you want to join our team.
A few company highlights: