Transportation marketplace and mapping technologies.
Senior Software Engineer - Optimization
San Francisco, CA, US
Job Description / Skills Required
Who We Are
rideOS is a globally-distributed technology company that is building a software platform to accelerate the safe, global roll-out of next-gen transport. Our team consists of highly accomplished and experienced folks whose achievements include co-inventing the iPhone, powering Tesla's Autopilot maps, and helping to start Uber’s mapping and self driving vehicle divisions. We are Series-B funded, backed by Sequoia Capital and Next47.
We are looking for a backend engineer who is passionate about developing optimization algorithms for the next generation of transport. You will be collaborating with other engineers to design optimization models for problems such as vehicle routing and scheduling, and build end-to-end solutions that can provide the most optimal solutions in realtime. A part of your job will be to keep up to date with the state of art in the solution optimization and meta heuristics for local search. As part of the team you will also be expected to participate/lead discussions on new research papers within the optimization field.
As part of a high-growth startup, you will also have the opportunity to collaborate closely with company product leaders, partners, and non-engineering parts of the business. Every member of our organization plays a critical role in shaping the future of our services, team, and culture.
What We Are Looking For:
- A BS/MS/PhD degree in Computer Science, Operations Research or equivalent
- 5+ Years of experience in the industry
- Experience applying optimization in industry-related applications
- Experience with stochastic and dynamic optimization techniques
- Experience building production-ready implementations using various optimization techniques (e.g. convex and linear programming, approximate dynamic programming, metaheuristics)
- Proficient in Java or C++
- Passion for mobility or next generation transport
- A strong desire to learn, collaborate and mentor
- Located or willing to commute to San Francisco
- Advanced degree in quantitative field
- Experience in the mobility, ride-sharing, or autonomous driving industry
- Top tier medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Life insurance policy
- Flexible PTO - We trust employees to manage their time off, most people take around 20 vacation days per year
- Flexible working from home policy, especially for folks with families or commuters
- Lunch provided 3 days a week, dinners reimbursed when working late
- Tax savings from 401K, FSA
- Investment in safety - we provide transport home when you work late
- Investment in health and wellness - we reimburse $80 per month for fitness/gym memberships
- Welcome dinners and happy hours for all new team members - we appreciate and value everyone who joins!
rideOS is off to an amazing start in terms of funding, talent, vision, and industry demand. We are well on on our way towards being a major player in transportation and technology in general, and looking for incredible teammates to help make our mission a reality. rideOS is an e-verified company.