Bird is a shared electric scooter company.
At Bird, we’re on a mission to make cities more livable by reducing traffic and carbon emissions with an affordable, convenient, and eco-friendly transportation option. We planted roots in Los Angeles, California. Now, our fleet of electric scooters is available to riders in cities around the world for short trips or the “last mile” of their journey. In our first year, Bird launched in over 100 cities and provided over 10 million rides. And we’re only just getting started.
- Own US GAAP accounting and local accounting for Bird international entities in EMEA, APAC and Latin America
- Build and own the global compliance process for statutory reporting and corporate income tax reporting for all international subsidiaries
- Be a key leader in the global monthly close process
- Manage service providers and Bird resources in an efficient manner to achieve objectives - build and expand the team/service providers as needed to achieve an the optimal working team
- Assist with all intercompany relationships and accounting, with a specific focus on the accounting for inventory both on a consolidated and local level
- Act as a business partner for international entities, assisting with operational and accounting matters
- Oversee and execute on month end close and help compile financial variance analysis
- Partner with FP&A, the Worldwide Head of Accounting, the Controller, Tax and others to review the business results of entities and regions and provide insights into the performance of the business
- Drive constant process improvements and control enhancements
- Own certain global accounting projects as required
- Bachelor or Master degree in Accounting (CA, ACCA, CPA or equivalent is a plus)
- 8+ years of relevant work experience in accounting within global organizations
- Robust experience with intercompany accounting, corporate income taxes and inventory accounting
- Significant experience managing teams and service providers
- Strong knowledge of US GAAP and international compliance
- Strong operational experience
- Exceptional organizational skills, detail-oriented mindset, and a high sense of urgency
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills
Culture at Bird
We're an ambitious, smart, and open-minded group. Our employees are passionate about our mission, and eager to complete their work at the highest level. The office itself is up tempo and supportive, because we care about each other. People first, people.
We want people to succeed at Bird, so we give our teams plenty of time off to relax and recharge. We also offer a generous employer-paid healthcare coverage, on-demand doctor visits, childcare support, a pre-tax commuter account for mass transit or parking, a wellness stipend, and more.
Bird is the world
Bird stands for a culture of inclusion. We celebrate different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives —encouraging everyone to bring their authentic selves to work. We have a diverse environment that empowers our team to feel comfortable when they voice their opinions. For these reasons and more Bird is a proud equal employment opportunity employer. We welcome everyone regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or genetics, and we are dedicated to providing an inclusive, open, and diverse work environment.
Sound like a place you’d like to work? Sweet. Let’s chat.