Carousell is a consumer-to-consumer mobile marketplace.
Carousell is a classifieds marketplace that makes selling as easy as taking a photo, buying as simple as chatting. Launched in August 2012, Carousell began in Singapore and is now one of the world’s largest and fastest growing marketplaces in eight markets across Southeast Asia, Taiwan and Hong Kong.
Carousell is backed by Telenor Group, Rakuten Ventures, Naver, Sequoia Capital, and Naspers. The Carousell marketplace has a diverse range of products across a variety of categories, including cars, lifestyle, gadgets and fashion accessories. Download the app for iOS or Android, and visit www.carousell.com for more information.
Carousell is driven by our mission to inspire billions to start selling successfully and consuming more consciously. Our engineering team designs, develops, and delivers the mobile and web applications and applications services which power the Carousell selling and buying experience. Ensuring that experience stays simple is challenging and Carousell engineering, along with Carousell Product, takes this challenge up on a daily basis.
- Establish and nurture a high performing engineering culture in partnership with Head of Engineering and other engineering leaders.
- Implement and evolve patterns, practices, and processes to support effective design, development, and delivery of customer value, in partnership with Head of Engineering, other engineering leaders, and Product Leaders.
- Coach and mentor engineering leaders to be more effective leaders of people and teams
- Coach and mentor individual engineers to be more effective individual contributors
- Ensure adherence to established patterns, practices, and processes in areas of immediate responsibility and across engineering
- Contribute to strategic planning in areas of immediate responsibility and across engineering
- 10 to 15 years of total experience, including 5+ years experience in an engineering leadership or management role
- Track record of successful management of Infrastructure and Site Reliability
- Demonstrated ability on managing trade-offs and demands of multiple stakeholders
- Experience leading and growing a high performing engineering organization
- Demonstrated effectiveness as a coach and mentor to engineering leaders
- Demonstrated effectiveness as a coach and mentor to individual engineers
- Track record of recruiting, retaining, and growing high performing talent
- Experience with architectural patterns of large, high-scale applications
- Shipped several large scale projects with multiple dependencies across teams