Front End Engineer
San Francisco, CA, US
Job Description / Skills Required
We are a San Francisco based team building self-driving semi trucks. We have raised $117MM in total and are backed by Tiger Global Management ($70MM Series C) and Sequoia Capital ($30MM Series B). We move freight daily between LA and Phoenix using our purpose built transfer hubs. This is an incredibly exciting time for autonomous driving and our team is looking to grow.
Embark’s self-driving vehicles produce terabytes of data every day. Our Data Visualization team specializes in products that let engineers explore and visualize that data from the comfort of their web browser. We do this by marrying the latest web technologies with novel methods of visualizing data. Our primary product is a data visualization platform that lets engineers explore truck behavior for trucks on the road, on recorded data, and with new self-driving code, all in an easy-to-use interface. Users can move around a 3D scene, plot arbitrary signals, and use a suite of custom modules for understanding the state of the truck.
- Build new functionality that lets users understand, analyze, and explore truck behavior
- Interoperate with Embark’s robotics teams to understand product needs and implement them end-to-end
- Ensure our products remain usable and performant even on resource-constrained devices
- Design and implement beautiful 3D interfaces for technical demonstrations that help passengers and viewers understand truck functionality
Your Experience Might Include:
- 2+ years working on high performance web applications
- Proficiency in React or other popular web frameworks
- Exposure to TypeScript or Flow
When you apply, address the application to Kiana and let me know why you want to join our team.
A few company highlights: