Attentive is a personalized mobile messaging platform for innovative brands.
Senior UX Researcher
United States of America
United States of America
Job Description / Skills Required
Attentive is a personalized text messaging platform changing the way consumers interact with businesses and organizations. The company is one of the fastest growing startups in New York City and recently raised a $230 million investment led by Coatue in September 2020, just 5 months after its Series C round due to strong customer traction. Other investors in Attentive include Bain Capital Ventures, Sequoia, IVP.
We work with 2,000+ of the most innovative brands like Sephora, Coach, Urban Outfitters, CB2, PacSun, Lulus, and Jack in the Box. Attentive was founded in 2016 by the co-founders of TapCommerce, a mobile marketing platform that was acquired by Twitter in 2014.
We’re looking for a talented and driven Senior UX Researcher to be an ambassador for user research at the company, shaping the strategic vision for how user research is planned, executed, and used across the EPD team. This person would be the expert and true voice of our customers and communicate their needs in creative and compelling ways across our organization.
This role will report to the Senior Director of Product Design.
You @ Attentive:
- Lead the strategy for user research within Product Design but even more broadly across the organization
- Be the UX expert to support and guide research initiatives; this includes reviewing research plans, making suggestions and acting more broadly as a mentor
- Lead and communicate any new research processes to design and product; effectively guide the team in upholding these processes
- Identify gaps in our use of quantitative research; help guide us in filling those gaps, whether it’s vouching for a new tool to utilize or pulling applicable data from tools we already have in place
- Lead foundational research projects that impact cross-functional teams; this may include, but not limited to, mapping the customer journey, building out our user behavior segments, defining research plans for new industry verticals
- Work cross-functionally with design, product management, data science, content strategy, engineering, and marketing
Skills & Qualifications:
- Hold a degree in a human behavior related field, such as human-computer interaction, psychology, sociology, communication, information science, media studies, computer science, or economics
- 5+ years experience in applied product research
- Have proven experience in research roles in B2B and B2C companies with expertise in qualitative, quantitative, and mixed method exploratory research
- Experience with analytics tools, such as Looker, Amplitude, Fullstory, and how they can be used to supplement qualitative research
- Have strong interpersonal skills and can easily connect with partners in product, engineering, business, and design
- Is a self starter and can proactively identify where research and strategy can provide the most value
Attentive is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We’re committed to diversity and maintaining a work environment that is free from harassment and discrimination. We’re committed to them because our core values demand it - values like Integrity First, Listening & Cultivating Discussion, and Default to Action. We believe in embracing “self” and that our true strength lies in the diversity of our employees. For this reason, applicants from all backgrounds are encouraged to apply, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of any protected status under federal, state, or local law.