Attentive is a personalized mobile messaging platform for innovative brands.
Strategic Account Executive - Food & Beverage
United States of America
Job Description / Skills Required
Attentive is a personalized text messaging platform changing the way consumers interact with businesses and organizations. The company is one of the fastest growing startups in New York City and recently raised a $230 million investment led by Coatue in September 2020, just 5 months after its Series C round due to strong customer traction. Other investors in Attentive include Bain Capital Ventures, Sequoia, IVP.
We work with 2,000+ of the most innovative brands like Sephora, Coach, Urban Outfitters, CB2, PacSun, Lulus, and Jack in the Box. Attentive was founded in 2016 by the co-founders of TapCommerce, a mobile marketing platform that was acquired by Twitter in 2014.
We are looking for an energetic and motivated individual contributor with a proven professional and technical background. You will work closely with your inside sales representative to identify, engage, and close new business from large customer accounts within the food, beverage, and restaurant industry. You will also coordinate cross-functionally with marketing, product, partnership, customer success, and design to help give feedback on product requirements and guide our market positioning. This is an outside sales role, remote work is accepted, and involves travel and onsite meetings (post-COVID).
This role will report to the GM of Food & Beverage.
- Develop target customers at the C-suite, VP, and Director level at large food, beverage, and restaurant companies (QSR, fast-casual, grocery, CPG, c-store, delivery, etc.)
- Work in a team along with your dedicated inside sales representative to schedule new business meetings
- Prepare, present, and close new business through on-site meetings, conferences, and other industry events
Skills & Qualifications
- 5-7+ years as an outside salesperson progressively selling SaaS products (required)
- Experience selling digital marketing or eCommerce technology (preferred)
- Experience selling to food, beverage, restaurant brands (preferred)
- Familiarity with the martech landscape (preferred)
- Consistent performance exceeding quota, with references
- Hard-working and persistent, putting in the time before and after meetings to deliver great results
Benefits & Perks
- Robust health benefits packages including access to a 401k and various medical, dental and vision plans, and $100/month fitness reimbursement
- Full support for remote work during COVID-19
- Daily lunch delivery credit and other goodies sent to your home
- Regular company-wide social events (even virtually!)
- Generous annual education stipend toward job-related external learning opportunities
- An extremely enthusiastic team that appreciates collaboration
Attentive is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We’re committed to diversity and maintaining a work environment that is free from harassment and discrimination. We’re committed to them because our core values demand it - values like Integrity First, Listening & Cultivating Discussion, and Default to Action. We believe in embracing “self” and that our true strength lies in the diversity of our employees. For this reason, applicants from all backgrounds are encouraged to apply, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of any protected status under federal, state, or local law.