An on-demand delivery service.
DoorDash’s mission is to disrupt the future of delivery logistics. We operate in a unique three-sided marketplace: balancing the needs of Consumers, Dashers, and Merchants. We are proud to have become the top food delivery service in the US, and are quickly expanding our services beyond food delivery, and also tapping into multiple international markets.
At DoorDash, the needs of all of our customers are at the forefront of the product strategy. We deeply believe that the best customer experience is synonymous with the success of our business in the long run. The User Experience Research team plays a pivotal role, discovering high-impact insights that enables DoorDash to build delightful products that solve our users’ — Consumers, Merchants, and Dashers — problems. This is where you come in.
UX Research informs all aspects of the product lifecycle, from product strategy and problem definition to iteration and evaluation. Our team’s focus is on defining and prioritizing problems. When the problem space is well-defined, testing solutions is more objective. We partner with product and design to test solutions early and often, ensuring better product-market fit.
The User Experience Research Team is seeking an experienced UX Researcher, Vertical Lead. The New Verticals team is in charge of enabling DoorDash to offer and deliver goods beyond food; like groceries, convenience, essentials, pharmaceuticals, retail, and more. The team’s end goal is to do for last mile logistics what AWS did for cloud computing -- enable any third-party business to plug into our platform and have their items delivered, on-demand, anywhere in their city. As a UX Research Lead, you will help the team make the right decisions to define the strategy and inform the roadmap for these new verticals.
DoorDash's research team is still small but mighty, which means you’ll get to shape the research culture and process from the ground up and get to drive big and meaningful product decisions.
The ideal candidate will be comfortable operating at highly strategic and tactical levels, switching between them effortlessly. You will have a track record of leveraging insights to build consensus with large cross-functional teams and of building trusted relationships with senior product leaders.
What You’ll Do
- Work with product managers, designers and other stakeholders to understand the pod’s research needs and create a research roadmap
- Design and execute a variety of research studies, including field studies, usability tests, concept tests, group discussions, etc.
- Synthesize findings into meaningful themes, turning them into actionable and impactful reports
- Generate insights that shape how product teams think, ranging from short-term to long-term product strategy
- Build a trusted partnership with product managers, designers and other stakeholders to influence the product roadmap to deliver on research insights
- Partner closely with marketing and analytics to develop a deeper understanding of our customers and surface opportunities to senior product leadership to inform the roadmap
- Act as a research thought leader and advocate for our customers
What We're Looking For
- 6+ years of experience in user research related to software and digital experiences
- 2+ years of experience of driving research and product roadmaps
- Familiarity with a wide variety of qualitative research methods such as: usability, 1:1 interviews, concept testing, ethnographic-style fieldwork, group discussions, card sorting, workshops, remote studies, etc.
- Experience designing and summarizing surveys
- Excellent communication, presentation, and writing skills
- A proven track record of successful partnership with product managers, designers, analytics, engineers, and other business partners
- Ability to work independently and take initiative to solve problem
Nice to Have
- MA/MS or PhD in Human Computer Interaction (HCI), Cognitive or Experimental Psychology, Sociology or a related field
- Visual communication skills
- Successful experience coordinating complex cross-functional processes
Why You’ll Love Working at DoorDash
- We are leaders - Leadership is not limited to our management team. It’s something everyone at DoorDash embraces and embodies.
- We are doers - We believe the only way to predict the future is to build it. Creating solutions that will lead our company and our industry is what we do -- on every project, every day.
- We are learning - We’re not afraid to dig in and uncover the truth, even if it’s scary or inconvenient. Everyone here is continually learning on the job, no matter if we’ve been in a role for one year or one minute.
- We are customer obsessed - Our mission is to grow and empower local economies. We are committed to our customers, merchants, and dashers and believe in connecting people with possibility.
- We are all DoorDash - The magic of DoorDash is our people, together making our inspiring goals attainable and driving us to greater heights.
- We offer great compensation packages and comprehensive health benefits.
DoorDash is a technology company that connects customers with their favorite local and national businesses in all 50 states across the United States and Canada. Founded in 2013, DoorDash empowers merchants to grow their businesses by offering on-demand delivery, data-driven insights, and better in-store efficiency, providing delightful experiences from door to door. By building the last-mile delivery infrastructure for local cities, DoorDash is bringing communities closer, one doorstep at a time. Check out the Design Team blog or the DoorDash Corporate blog to learn more.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of the best and brightest from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.