Druva is a leading provider of continuous data protection and disaster recovery solutions.
Director - Engineering Operations and Program Management
Job Description / Skills Required
Druva is the global leader in Cloud Data Protection and Management, delivering the industry’s first data management-as-a-service solution that aggregates data from endpoints, servers and cloud applications and leverages the public cloud to offer a single pane of glass to enable data protection, governance and intelligence–dramatically increasing the availability and visibility of business critical information, while reducing the risk, cost and complexity of managing and protecting it.
Druva’s award-winning solutions intelligently collect data, and unify backup, disaster recovery, archival and governance capabilities onto a single, optimized data set. As the industry’s fastest growing data protection provider, Druva is trusted by over 4,000 global organizations, and protects over 40 PB of data.
Please do visit us at : https://www.druva.com/about/
As the Engineering Operations Program Manager, you are responsible for ensuring that the programs for the efficient function and collaboration between engineering teams and product managers in a globally distributed team of business units. Tasks, metrics, workflows, and cross-organization actions are made relevant, actionable, and easily consumed through the best and most appropriate tool. This involves working with a broad set of key stakeholders, including engineering leadership, product management leadership, Human Resources, and product marketing and other key subject matter experts, to prioritize, launch and measure sales programs in alignment with strategic priorities, and sales initiatives. The role is responsible for communication within engineering on-boarding, retention, and resource planning that are used to enhance overall participation and productivity of our development functions.
- Operational reporting on projects/products as well as people and process health of the organization. Reporting would include appropriate metrics, subjective assessment as well as risks based on data collected from various systems, tools and inputs from teams post curating data and ensuring its consistency. (Jira, product health metrics, hiring, attrition)
- Operational effectiveness : Track operational effectiveness of the organization across critical areas, identify areas for operational inefficiencies, propose plans for improvements and execute plans in coordination with engineering leadership and other cross-functional teams like HR, Recruitment, Finance, IT as appropriate.
- Meetings : Manage staff and other meetings like QBR/operational reviews that involve engineering leadership with focus on recording notes, following up on action items and getting closure on them.
- Initiatives : Track engineering initiatives with proactive follow up with an aim to facilitate and support the initiative owner from operational perspective and ensuring progress towards desired outcomes. (Q360: test strategy, Python migration, …)
- Vendor management for outsourcing/contracting projects and tools : Establish and manage relationships with vendors, track costing and timeline of projects and tools to ensure alignment with budget and negotiate and manage contracts (including renewals) with providers in coordination with the finance team.
- Communication and updates : Hands on approach to preparing for and sharing weekly updates, newsletters, rewards & recognition, facilitation for all-hands and other broadcast updates to the org. Coordinate with other functions to make this happen.
- Operationally drive and manage strategic engineering activities like annual planning and budgeting cycle, annual events like Launchpad as well as support other strategic cross-functional activities and initiatives in the company that need support from engineering.
- Budget tracking : Track budget for the engineering org as per the annual/bi-annual budget allocation plans, highlight deviations and risks and coordinate with engineering leadership for budget alignment and/or revisions.
- BS/MS in Computer Science or related technical field preferred
- 5+ years as a technical program manager or in a technology oriented organization.
- 3+ years proven track record of successful collaboration with geographically distributed teams in complex platform environments
- 2+ years’ experience with Agile methodologies
- Technically savvy and able to ramp up on technologies quickly
- Hand on experience with Jira (or similar), Looker (or similar), and other engineering project management and BI tools
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to communicate effectively with both technical and nontechnical individuals
- Demonstrable organizational and operational cadences
- Proficient in infrastructure, operations and IT data/application platform standards & technologies
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification preferred but not necessary. Other professional management courses/certification a plus
- Strong project management skills with the ability to work on and track multiple projects simultaneously and with cross functional teams
- Able to work with tech leads to drive discussions, options and decisions.