Glossier Inc. is building the future beauty company in collaboration with its customers.
We’re hiring a Senior Data Engineer to join our BI and Data Engineering team to elevate Glossier as an inviting, fun way to buy beauty products. You’ll join a team with the mission of empowering decision-making across the organization with self-service data, working closely with our Analytics, Business Intelligence, and Data Science teams.
As a Senior Data Engineer, you are responsible for delivering and maintaining highly available computing platforms. You will own the systems that collect and transform data from a number of sources through creating data integration services and APIs. You will also maintain ongoing reliability, performance, and support of the infrastructure. This includes monitoring the computing environments and providing solutions based on application needs and anticipated growth. A successful candidate will combine strong technical skills, a passion for creative problem solving, and an intense curiosity.
At Glossier we are also mindful of building an inclusive culture, where decisions are made transparently and we support each other's learning and growth. Data is a critical component at Glossier and ensuring consistent, reliable access to our data is a significant strategic priority. We expect you to have good communication skills and collaborate across functions to deliver robust solutions in correspondence with the business needs of the company.
Our Data Stack:
- Data warehousing with Snowflake
- AWS for serving infrastructure (Lambdas, EC2, S3, Postgres RDS)
- Fivetran, Stitch, DBT, Segment, Kinesis for ETLs
- Looker and Amplitude as BI platforms
- Deployments and containerization with Docker and Kubernetes
- Python and SQL
6 Month Expectations:
- Have contributed to the data pipeline process, creating new custom integrations that bring data into our systems
- Take ownership of portions of our data stack
- Have taken an active role in designing the future of our data engineering system
- Collaborate with team on best practices and overall business strategy
12 Month Expectations:
- Deliver data engineering system—including data pipeline and data warehousing components—that is simple, reliant, and performant
- Have made numerous contributions to our data pipelining system and data monitoring
- Have taken a lead role in managing the development and architecture design of our data infrastructure
- 5 - 7 years of experience working in software development, data engineering, or related STEM fields
- 3+ years of working experience with various relational databases and data warehousing
- Strong programming skills in Python and SQL
- Practical experience in best practices for developing data pipelining frameworks
- Experience in Linux
- Ability to learn autonomously and quickly
- Analytical, creative and commercial mindset
- Extremely organized and detail-oriented with effective multitasking and prioritization skills
- Highly motivated, willing to take ownership of work, drive to solve problems and work effectively under pressure
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, willing to proactively engage other team members in fostering a strong collaborative team-oriented environment
Glossier is a beauty company that lives in NYC, is sold on the internet, and promotes a skincare first philosophy that celebrates beauty in real life.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity (“EEO”) Employer. It has been and will continue to be a fundamental policy of Glossier not to discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, gender, gender identity, pregnancy, marital status, partnership status, domestic violence victim status, sexual orientation, age, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, veteran or military status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, caregiver status, unemployment status or any other characteristic prohibited by federal, state and/or local laws. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including hiring, promotion, demotion, compensation, training, working conditions, transfer, job assignment, benefits, layoff, and termination.