SaaS HR platform for mid-market companies
Namely is seeking a Software Engineer II of all experience levels to join our growing team in New York City. You might have noticed we don’t split these out by level, product focus, or core programming language...our primary focus is to hire smart and motivated engineers that are eager to learn. As a growing team, we have no shortage of roles to fill - as you go through the interview process, we can work together to build a role around what excites you most.
Whether you’re looking to focus on front-end or back-end, or enjoy working across all levels of the software stack, you’ll have an opportunity to be hands-on as part of an agile development team. Our hiring process is language agnostic, we use a diverse set of tools and languages such as Ruby, C#, Go, Docker, Kubernetes, Istio, Spinnaker, Kafka and more. We work with React and SPA’s in the front-end, and are moving towards an API driven architecture, powered by gRPC-based services.
We’ve built a strong engineering team to date, but have a lot of work ahead of us, including:
- Migrating from a monolith to a microservice architecture, including a complete overhaul and rewrite of our Payroll Processing and Benefits Configuration
- Defining domain boundaries and implementing robust APIs for internal and public consumption of our Human Capital Management (HCM) services
- Leveling up our platform, including enhancing our test coverage, observability, alerting, and performance
Help us scale our business to meet the needs of our growing customer base and develop new products on the Namely platform. You'll be a critical part of our growing company, working on a cross-functional team to implement best practices in technology, architecture, and process. You’ll have the chance to work in an open and collaborative environment, receive hands-on mentorship and have ample opportunities to grow and accelerate your career.
- Deliver high quality, scalable and heavily tested software across our stack
- Evolve our systems through solid architectural design and peer code review
- Work on a cross-functional team, partnering across engineering, product, design, and business functions
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- 2+ years of experience writing scalable and testable Backend code
- Fluency in one or more server-side programming languages (we use Ruby and Go)
- Working knowledge of relational databases and schema design principles
- Understanding of SOLID Design Principles
- Analytical mindset and an ability to identify and weigh architectural design tradeoffs
- Motivated, self-starter that is able to work both independently and in cooperation with a larger team
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
Tech Talks and Blogs by Namely Labs Engineers:
- Using .NET Core in Production
- Following an Internal Open Source model of Software Development
- HTTP and JSON for your gRPC services
- Growing up with AWS
- Namely Labs Blog
Namely is the first HR, payroll, and benefits platform employees actually love to use. People are at the center of everything we do—from our platform to our staff. Why join us? We believe every company and every employee deserves a great workplace, supported by HR technology they use and love. Most importantly, we believe in giving you the tools you need to do the best work of your career.
We invite you to fill out the EEO survey below as part of our ongoing diversity initiatives at Namely. Your participation in the survey is completely optional and voluntary, and none of the information you provide will be considered in the hiring process or with respect to any employment decision made by Namely. Namely will have access only to anonymized data submitted through these surveys.