Tokopedia is an online marketplace for individuals and small and midsize business owners in Indonesia.
Uttar Pradesh, IN
Tokopedia is an Indonesian unicorn technology company with a mission to achieve digital economic equity and democratize commerce through technology.
Today, Tokopedia is a leading Marketplace invested by Alibaba, Softbank, and Sequoia Capital & with the Most Diverse Product Choices in Indonesia with more than 200 million products and more than 8 million sellers. Till now, we have reached 97% of districts, 90+ million active users every month, contributing to almost 1.5% in Indonesia's economy. All this in just a decade and we're just starting :)
As we continue to shift to a real-time, customer-centric model, we are experiencing a time of explosive growth.
Every Engineer owns the product end to end, which means you would be wearing multiple hats (product and QA roles included). Given our scale, you can be sure you will work on stuff that will impact millions of users in their day to day life. When exhausted, you can always refresh yourself with a game on Xbox or foosball with colleagues. Also, whenever you travel to the mothership (Indonesia), a getaway to some of the world’s finest beaches when not working!
Our developers work on an exciting mix of both greenfield and existing projects, giving them an opportunity to explore new technology.
- Developing a highly concurrent and distributed system
- Performance optimization and problem diagnosis
- Designing/Developing for high availability
- Designing/Developing and testing new features
- Supporting release and documentation of developed features
- Estimating the effort required to develop and implement
- Help define coding standards and development processes
- Willing to learn & adapt different technologies
- Must have experience with at least one or two of Programming languages - GoLang, C/C++, Python, Java in production-grade systems
- Experience dealing with highly concurrent, distributed architectures/ systems
- Strong Data Structures & Algorithms concepts
- Comfortable working in a *nix environment & using CLI.
- Experience with building HTTP and RPC based services
- Willingness to get hands dirty and not afraid of low-level details
- Ability to carefully break down the problem into small pieces
- Ability to effectively communicate problems and solutions to the different team members
- Be able to debug the non-trivial application code.
- Be able to write clear, concise source-code documentation, unit and integration tests.Be able to think beyond code to architecture and user experience.
- Experience with SQL and NoSQL databases like MySQL, Postgres, Redis, REST, Elasticsearch
- Proficient with Git, GitHub
- 1-4 years of working experience
Nice to Have:
- Familiarity with Deployment on Cloud (AWS, Alibaba Cloud)with Jenkins, Ansible, Consul, GraphQL
- Familiarity with frameworks/tools like Opentracing, Prometheus