An elastic network-services platform.
The TAC Engineer will be responsible for providing front line technical support to debug complex networking problems by replicating the customer issues of diverse scope.
The candidate must have a bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent field of study.
5+ years of hands on experience.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Helps customer solve reported product and network problems of varied complexity.
- Replicate the customer issues in lab environment.
- Work with engineering teams to replicate customer issues and test possible fixes.
- Work on problems of diverse scope.
- Create knowledge articles for subordinates and other team members.
- Ability to write bash/python scripts.
- ROUTING, OSPF & BGP, MPLS, Instance concept, L3VPN
- Good understanding of OSI model.
- TCP/IP protocol suite, SFW, NGFW
- Good understanding of IPSec VPN/SSL-VPN/NAT/GRE.
- Well verse with ticketing related process.
- Working knowledge of Linux/Unix environment.
- Good understanding of Virtualization and related technologies.
- Experience in configuration and troubleshooting networks and security appliances.
- The Ideal candidate will be an individual contributor, who is a self-starter, with excellent interpersonal, communication, problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Commitment to customer delight is a must.
- Quality focus, result & goal orientation
- Debugging hardware & software system level problems in a multi-vendor multi- protocol network environment.
- Prior experience of working with TAC environment will be a plus.
- Demonstrate an aptitude and appetite for learning new technologies, evidenced by the ability to expand upon core knowledge.
- Team player, can-do attitude and takes initiative.
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team (in start-up environment).
- Good communication skills to work with cross-functional groups.
- Strong skills in large-scale software design and development.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent troubleshooting and problem-solving skills.
Note: Positions in Bangalore & Chennai will involve 24/7 support. Candidate should be willing for the same.