Druva is a leading provider of continuous data protection and disaster recovery solutions.
Druva delivers data protection and management for the cloud era. Druva Cloud Platform is built on AWS and offered as-a-Service; delivering globally accessible, infinitely scalable and completely autonomous enterprise data resiliency. Customers drive down costs by up to 50 percent by freeing themselves from the burden of unnecessary hardware, capacity planning, and software management. Druva’s patented cloud architecture transforms backup data into an asset, making it more open and accessible so customers can streamline governance, improve cyber resiliency, and gain critical insights to uncover opportunities and expedite decision making.
Druva has raised over $350m in venture capital, is trusted by over 4,000 global organizations and protects over 200 PB of data.
Druva is seeking a charismatic, passionate, and driven Public Relations Manager (PR Manager) to nurture a strong industry network, increase awareness, and maintain and further develop an enviable corporate image by building and executing effective communication and media relations programs. This individual will have the truly unique opportunity to help refine and hone the external narrative for one of the hottest, fastest-growing private companies in Silicon Valley. As a key member of an strategic, agile time, you will help accelerate awareness and have the chance to work closely with C-level executives on a regular basis. You will see your impact on the company every day and have plenty of opportunity for professional growth.
- Develop marketing communications plans including strategy, goals and tactics
- Develop and execute media relations campaigns, securing high-level placements in print, broadcast and online media
- Coordinate all public relations activities
- Manage and work day-to-day with external public relations agency counterparts
- Facilitate cross-team collaboration with the larger marketing, product and partners teams to build and execute integrated campaigns
- Leverage existing media relationships and cultivate new contacts within business and industry media
- Manage media inquiries and interview requests
- Create and review content for press releases, byline articles, award submissions and keynote presentations
- Monitor, analyze and communicate PR results on a quarterly basis
- Evaluate opportunities for partnerships, sponsorships and advertising on an on-going basis.
- Build relationships with executives, define thought leadership platforms and position spokespeople as leading voices in the industry
- Maintain a keen understanding of industry trends affecting clients and make appropriate recommendations regarding communication strategy surrounding them
- Help facilitate and staff analyst and other influencer briefings
- Proven track record designing and executing successful public relations campaigns at both a national and global level
- Strong relationships and understanding of both local and national business and industry media outlets
- Experience as a cross-team collaborator and bringing together a variety of teams and individuals to support a singular campaign
- Ability to juggle multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced corporate environment, remaining composed and focused, and meeting deadlines
- Exceptional writing and editing skills
- Be proactive, reliable, responsible and accurate with an attention to detail
- Ability to understand and convey complex, technical information in simple terms for external audiences
- Solid experience with social media including blogs, Facebook, Twitter, etc.
- BA/MA degree in Marketing, Advertising, Communications or a related discipline
- 6+ years of agency and/or in-house experience