Bird is a shared electric scooter company.
At Bird, we’re on a mission to make cities more livable by reducing traffic and carbon emissions with an affordable, convenient, and eco-friendly transportation option. We planted roots in Los Angeles, California. Now, our fleet of electric scooters is available to riders in cities around the world for short trips or the “last mile” of their journey. In our first year, Bird launched in over 100 cities and provided over 10 million rides. And we’re only just getting started.
The role demands great technical depth, a stubborn refusal to settle, and a mentality of starting with the user and working backward. The ideal candidate is highly operational, highly entrepreneurial, and is obsessed with empowering our users. They are motivated by building the future, can dig deep into the data to solve operational issues, are always driving small improvements in process, and loves making something from nothing.
- Manage and optimize the overall efficiency of operations
- Analyse data to help inform strategic decisions for your market
- Build structure and scalable process enabling the DACH market to scale quickly
- Monitor business performance across relevant KPIs and conduct deep-dive investigations to understand the “why” behind how metrics are performing
- Perform ad hoc strategy, research, modeling, and analytics projects to help guide decision making in a brand new and constantly evolving industry
- Have the ability to execute projects of varying urgency and scope with limited guidance
- Bachelor's degree from a competitive university
- 2+ years of experience in consulting / investment banking / business intelligence / strategy / high-growth operations or startup experience
- Strong communication, organization and stakeholder management skills
- Strong analytical and critical thinking ability
- Demonstrated ability to deliver results in a fast-paced environment
- Growth mindset: you seek out learning opportunities for yourself
- Strong Excel, PowerPoint, SQL skills
- Fluent in German and English
- Experience in similar operational teams
- Startup experience
- Zendesk familiarity (rules, triggers, automations, etc) a plus
Culture at Bird
We're an ambitious, smart, and open-minded group. Our employees are passionate about our mission, and eager to complete their work at the highest level. The office itself is up tempo and supportive, because we care about each other. People first, people.
Bird is the world
Bird stands for a culture of inclusion. We celebrate different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives —encouraging everyone to bring their authentic selves to work. We have a diverse environment that empowers our team to feel comfortable when they voice their opinions. For these reasons and more Bird is a proud equal employment opportunity employer. We welcome everyone regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or genetics, and we are dedicated to providing an inclusive, open, and diverse work environment.
Sound like a place you’d like to work? Sweet. Let’s chat.