Single sign-on for backend infrastructure.
Vice President, Engineering
Job Description / Skills Required
strongDM is a customer-first, second, and third company with a rabid fan base. When was the last time you heard things like:
* Splunk's CISO Joel Fulton says "strongDM gives you what you can’t get any other way -- the ability to see what happens, replay and analyze incidents."
* Chef's co-founder Adam Jacob says "strongDM takes the friction out of getting staff access to the systems they need."
Customers love us because:
The product rocks: strongDM fundamentally changes the relationship between InfoSec, DevOps, and end users. Enforce the controls security needs while making it easier to facilitate access.
They can trust us: we built a technical product for technical buyers. We do not use jargon. There is no alternative but to always be technically accurate. We are not afraid to admit product gaps.
We’re real humans: we built a serious product without taking ourselves too seriously. Each member of the team is deadly good at their job, and yet we crack jokes on the phone with customers.
• You are a coach and talent magnet.
• You have extensive experience leading teams, including identifying and developing other leaders.
• You develop teams in which people are empowered to do the best work of their careers.
• You craft a compelling long term vision and set goals to meet it.
• Your leadership style makes space for multiple senior engineers and managers and supports the growth of everyone in your organization.
• You are able to weigh several and often conflicting constraints and make rapid decisions in a dynamic and quickly-growing company.
What You'll Do:
- Recruit and retain the technical talent required to solve our toughest problems, including hiring engineering managers and engineers.
- Foster a culture that encourages individual decision-making and innovation.
- Support frequent and effective feedback within your organization.
- Represent strongDM engineering and management in industry events.
- You are not expected to deliver code, but you should possess enough technical experience in system design and operation to recognize the important decisions your team faces and give meaningful advice.
- You have several years experience serving in a senior leadership role.
- You possess extraordinary written and verbal communication skills.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field, or equivalent training, fellowship, or work experience.
- Industry-standard base
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- 401k, HSA, FSA, short / long-term disability
- 3 months parental leave
- 3 weeks PTO + standard holidays
- Equity in a fast-growing startup
- No travel required