Druva is a leading provider of continuous data protection and disaster recovery solutions.
Druva delivers data protection and management for the cloud era. Druva Cloud Platform is built on AWS and offered as-a-Service; delivering globally accessible, infinitely scalable and completely autonomous enterprise data resiliency. Customers drive down costs by up to 50 percent by freeing themselves from the burden of unnecessary hardware, capacity planning, and software management. Druva’s patented cloud architecture transforms backup data into an asset, making it more open and accessible so customers can streamline governance, improve cyber resiliency, and gain critical insights to uncover opportunities and expedite decision making.
Druva has raised over $350m in venture capital, is trusted by over 4,000 global organizations and protects over 200 PB of data.
Druva is looking to hire a Sr. Sales Engineer based out of Sunnyvale, CA, Austin, TX or Boston, MA that would be the technical lead for advancing innovation, growth and scale of Druva Alliances relationships. This position will be a key technical advisor responsible for Druva's strategic technology relationships and will work closely with the Druva Alliance Managers to develop and execute on comprehensive and innovation business plans. This individual will also work cross-functionally with Druva product and engineering teams to identify, incubate and bring to market integrated solutions that are built between the Alliance Partner technologies and the Druva SaaS data protection platform.
The ideal candidate will be a Data Protection expert and demonstrate competence in SaaS technologies, strategic planning, solution development, technical enablement and process management. They should also have a demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, products, and technical challenges. Flexibility in your current skill set and a demonstrable eagerness to learn new things are key criteria to any candidates for this position. You will work in a team of individual contributors who are empowered to make decisions and run their day to business.
- Drive incremental sell-with revenue through strategic alliances
- Identify integration, reference architectures and leverage points between alliance technologies and Druva Data Protection platform
- Enable strategic alliances center of excellence and test labs
- Act as a technical conduit between the Alliance Partners Technical Architects and the Druva Product Management teams
- Contribute to technical content that will be leveraged by Alliance GTM motion
Desired Skills and Experience
- 7+ years in technical customer-facing roles with at least 3+ years as a Sales Engineer
- 3+ years of experience in a pre-sales role working with enterprise software solutions (Backup and SaaS experience a plus)
- Expert level knowledge of Operating Systems including MS Windows, Linux, and MAC.
- Experience with Active Directory, SSO Tools, SCCM/Casper Deployment tools, Virtual environments (VMWare, HyperV), Storage Technologies (SAN/NAS)
- Knowledge of Networking concepts (TCP/IP, DNS, Bandwidth Management, Firewalls), Cloud Technologies using AWS/Azure.
- Fast Learner in a dynamic environment with changing priorities
- Results-oriented with the ability to prioritize activities, plan and organized to meet commitments
- Excellent presentation, communication (verbal & written), and relationship building skills, across all levels of management including negotiations and risk abatement
- Experience with a SaaS company or demonstrable deep knowledge of SaaS practices
- Travel up to 25%
- Strong knowledge of enterprise server backup technology
- Competence with Dell EMC data protection platforms and services
- Knowledge and practical experience with VMware & Hyper-V administration.
- Backup & Restore of File & MSSQL Servers.
- Exposure to AWS services - mainly EC2, S3, IAM & VPC.
- Understanding of project management methodologies and processes
- Exposure to Storage protocols SAS, Fibre Channel, SCSI, iSCSI
- Understanding of Network Technologies and protocols – TCP/IP, VLAN, DNS, switches, firewalls, routers