Glossier Inc. is building the future beauty company in collaboration with its customers.
Glossier's mission is to give voice through beauty. We are a direct-to-consumer company that leverages the power of personal narrative to own the beauty conversation on the internet. We do this by building products, growing our community, and making decisions in inclusive, customer-devoted, curious, courageous, and discerning ways.
As a Senior Manager of FP&A, you will be joining an extremely agile organization that supports the business by providing critical insights using analytics. This role will uphold a common financial language throughout the organization and ensure effective performance management though planning the business and reviewing Actuals vs. Plan and Forecast. S/he is responsible for driving successful execution of our strategy through sound business planning and reporting.
Six Month Expectations
- Successfully partner with Accounting and key business leaders to review and analyze monthly performance
- Create, update, and publish monthly expense forecasts at the vendor level
- Establish and maintain forecast accuracy KPIs to continuously reduce variation and improve forecasting
- Drive accountability in the organization while still maintaining trust and effective business relationships
- Lead Glossier’s Weekly Business Review, which reports on selected KPIs to the Executive and Leadership team
- Become familiar with Glossier’s brand, culture, values, and existing financial processes
Twelve+ Month Expectations
- Lead the company-wide annual expense planning process with clear assumptions around building blocks for growth, KPI modelling, and cost savings initiatives
- Establish best-in-class practices for cost forecasting and KPIs to evaluate success
- Drive automation throughout both the forecasting and reporting processes
- Contribute to Glossier’s success through sponsorship of positive partnerships with staff across the organization
- Build and maintain excellent relationships both internally and externally
- Passionate about Glosser’s mission and excited to embrace our values of being inclusive, devoted to the customer, curious, courageous, and discerning
- 6+ years of experience with demonstrated FP&A and / or Accounting experience
- Extensive knowledge and experience in creating and scaling financial operations with best in class practices
- Strong and persuasive communication skills with the ability to create clarity and direction within the organization
- Seasoned manager with an interest in developing leaders
Glossier is a beauty company that lives in NYC, is sold on the internet, and promotes a skincare first philosophy that celebrates beauty in real life.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity (“EEO”) Employer. It has been and will continue to be a fundamental policy of Glossier not to discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, gender, gender identity, pregnancy, marital status, partnership status, domestic violence victim status, sexual orientation, age, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, veteran or military status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, caregiver status, unemployment status or any other characteristic prohibited by federal, state and/or local laws. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including hiring, promotion, demotion, compensation, training, working conditions, transfer, job assignment, benefits, layoff, and termination.