Bird is a shared electric scooter company.
At Bird, we’re on a mission to make cities more livable by reducing traffic and carbon emissions with an affordable, convenient, and eco-friendly transportation option. We planted roots in Los Angeles, California. Now, our fleet of electric scooters is available to riders in cities around the world for short trips or the “last mile” of their journey. In our first year, Bird launched in over 100 cities and provided over 10 million rides. And we’re only just getting started.
Our legal team is focused on helping Bird grow and scale while safeguarding its interests. We are looking to add an Associate Corporate Counsel, Commercial with 3-5 years of broad-based transactional experience to handle a variety of commercial legal responsibilities. Reporting to Bird’s Senior Legal Director, this position will support many of Bird’s business teams.
- Structure, draft and negotiate a variety of commercial agreements, including vendor agreements with suppliers, global supply chain vendors, software providers, consultants and other service providers; complex sales/customer agreements; and licensing and marketing agreements
- Analyze and interpret contracts and provide thoughtful legal advice on potential risks and issues in a wide range of legal areas
- Build close relationships with business and operations teams and obtain and maintain a strong knowledge of Bird products and strategic objectives
- Provide additional support on corporate matters, including securities/M&A, finance, tax, and governance.
- An experienced attorney with a strong transactional background, and superior drafting and negotiating skills
- JD and member of at least one state bar
- At least 3 years at a nationally-recognized law firm focusing on general corporate and commercial matters is highly preferred
- In-house experience with a fast-paced technology company a strong plus
- Business minded -- ability to proactively analyze risks and provide business-minded advice and recommendations to thoughtfully drive Bird’s continued success and growth
- Ability to work independently while being able to contribute successfully to cross-functional teams
- Passion to work hard in a fast-paced environment
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills; ability to manage multiple projects at once, follow through and meet deadlines
Culture at Bird
We're an ambitious, smart, and open-minded group. Our employees are passionate about our mission, and eager to complete their work at the highest level. The office itself is up tempo and supportive, because we care about each other. People first, people.
We want people to succeed at Bird, so we give our teams plenty of time off to relax and recharge. We also offer a generous employer-paid healthcare coverage, on-demand doctor visits, childcare support, a pre-tax commuter account for mass transit or parking, a wellness stipend, and more.
Bird is the world
Bird stands for a culture of inclusion. We celebrate different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives —encouraging everyone to bring their authentic selves to work. We have a diverse environment that empowers our team to feel comfortable when they voice their opinions. For these reasons and more Bird is a proud equal employment opportunity employer. We welcome everyone regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or genetics, and we are dedicated to providing an inclusive, open, and diverse work environment.
Sound like a place you’d like to work? Sweet. Let’s chat.