Glossier Inc. is building the future beauty company in collaboration with its customers.
Glossier is a people-powered beauty ecosystem, leveraging unique and engaging online and offline experiences as well as consumer participation to fuel our growth. In order to meet our Company goals, we are looking for an Inventory Accounting Manager to lead and optimize the inventory accounting process. This role will have the opportunity to collaborate with members across all business functions and help the Company develop processes and procedures to sustain Glossier’s growth. This role will report directly to the Director of Accounting and will manage one employee. This role offers a tremendous opportunity to make a difference and help scale a growing company.
Six Month Expectations
- Manage the month-end close, reporting, and reconciliation process for inventory, inventory reserves and cost of goods sold to ensure an accurate and timely close
- Ensure compliance with U.S. GAAP
- Oversee the day-to-day activities of the inventory accounting function, with a focus on process improvements, automation and analysis of the business results to support the company’s scale and growth
- Monitor all inventory movement from suppliers to warehouses to retail locations and assist in development of controlled processes to track inventory movements
- Partner with the Supply Chain and Logistics departments to ensure Accounting has a solid understanding of warehouse operations and expected future inventory demand and forecasting
- Develop scalable, standardized, month-end close and financial reporting procedures and help drive the reduction of the close timeline by assessing and streamlining close-related activities
- Assist in developing automated processes and workflows for inventory
- Oversee and coordinate the annual physical inventory counts at all global warehouses
- Partner with Technical Accounting department to ensure accounting policies and procedures are developed and documented and in compliance with U.S. GAAP
Twelve+ Month Expectations
- Initiate reviews and analysis to provide business insights and respond to inquiries from senior management
- Review financial statement footnotes and disclosures related to inventory and inventory reserves
- Ensure appropriate documentation and schedules exist for management and external auditors
- Be the technical expert in all matters related to inventory
- Ad hoc analysis, as requested
- Partner with departments across Glossier
- Continuously identify areas and opportunities to improve processes
- BA/BS degree or similar college level education in Accounting or related field
- CPA license, required
- 5+ years of total experience with 3 or more years of public accounting firm experience
- Experience in working with an inventory/ERP database
- Must have a strong understanding and application of US GAAP
- Strong analytical skills, particularly in navigating detailed system-generated source reports, downloading and manipulating large amounts of data with MS Excel (must be comfortable with vlookups, pivot tables, etc)
- Must be a highly organized, detail-oriented self-starter with the ability to work independently and collaborate with a cross-functional team
- Ability to work well under pressure and effectively handle multiple, concurrent demands and appropriately prioritize responsibilities while managing and mentoring team members
- Experience with NetSuite, a plus
- Experience with consumer goods and/or DTC, a plus
Glossier is a beauty company that lives in NYC, is sold on the internet, and promotes a skincare first philosophy that celebrates beauty in real life.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity (“EEO”) Employer. It has been and will continue to be a fundamental policy of Glossier not to discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, gender, gender identity, pregnancy, marital status, partnership status, domestic violence victim status, sexual orientation, age, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, veteran or military status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, caregiver status, unemployment status or any other characteristic prohibited by federal, state and/or local laws. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including hiring, promotion, demotion, compensation, training, working conditions, transfer, job assignment, benefits, layoff, and termination.