Glossier Inc. is building the future beauty company in collaboration with its customers.
We’re building a modernized Product Marketing discipline: bringing together the best of traditional Product Marketing with a digital-first, community-driven, DTC approach. This role will report to the Director of Product Marketing, support the development of the function and team, partner with Product Development, and help to build category and product-specific strategies to grow the Glossier brand globally.
6 Month Accomplishments:
- Assist in the management, development and implementation of the product portfolio and product marketing strategy
- Work closely with the Director of Product Marketing in developing global strategies for our four major categories (Skincare, Makeup, Body, Fragrance), subcategories, and hero products. This will include distribution and growth strategies, and potentially bringing hero products into markets ahead of the full brand.
- Proactively provide input into the development of global/regional marketing product and support calendars while always keeping a “digital-first” mindset
- Collect and analyze emerging/future trends, sales trends, category shifts, COG changes, market intelligence, and competition
- Assist in presentation preparation for various senior management meetings; initiate and manage cross-functional meetings as needed on behalf of the Product Marketing team
12+ Month Accomplishments:
- Track and follow-up on forward-looking category and product activation calendars, working cross-functionally to support strategic priorities to grow the core business globally
- Support our community-driven listening approach
- Champion and drive how we educate and build relationships with our customers and community
- Standardize Product Development briefs and key marketing inputs into development process, e.g., consumer / community insights, claims that matter, conceptual copy, product overviews
- Contribute to building a long-term innovation pipeline with key strategic partners, leveraging consumer insights, community feedback, CRM data, and industry / societal / technical trends
The Ideal Candidate...
- Aspiring Product Marketer who is agile and believes there are always better ways to do things and isn’t afraid to take initiative.
- Passionate about skincare, makeup, body, and fragrance with a curative lens on innovation and market and industry trends.
- A self starter who is able to work autonomously to complete projects and assignments as well as work cross-functionally to achieve short and long-term brand objectives. Responsible, accountable, organized, and have the ability and potential to assume increased responsibility in handling a multitude of detail-oriented projects at one time.
- Always willing to learn; interested in trials, experiments, and trying out different approaches.
- Plays well with others and is able to influence without direct oversight: this role will need to work closely and in partnership with Product Development, Brand Marketing, Sales, Creative, CX, Community, among others, and requires excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Strategic and analytical; data and hypothesis driven. Able to understand that we’re looking at the forest, but also which trees are important. Scrappy when they need to be.
- Calm in the face of chaos, direction changes, and unexpected curveballs.
- Comfortable with uncertainty, and likes to put order and structure around it.
Glossier is a beauty company that lives in NYC, is sold on the internet, and promotes a skincare first philosophy that celebrates beauty in real life.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity (“EEO”) Employer. It has been and will continue to be a fundamental policy of Glossier not to discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, gender, gender identity, pregnancy, marital status, partnership status, domestic violence victim status, sexual orientation, age, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, veteran or military status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, caregiver status, unemployment status or any other characteristic prohibited by federal, state and/or local laws. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including hiring, promotion, demotion, compensation, training, working conditions, transfer, job assignment, benefits, layoff, and termination.