Senior Data Scientist
San Francisco, CA, US
Job Description / Skills Required
We are a San Francisco based team building self-driving semi trucks. We have raised $117MM in total and are backed by Tiger Global Management ($70MM Series C) and Sequoia Capital ($30MM Series B). We move freight daily between LA and Phoenix using our purpose built transfer hubs. This is an incredibly exciting time for autonomous driving and our team is looking to grow.
Embark’s Product team sets the direction and priorities for our growing Engineering organization. We build close relationships with truck drivers and engineers alike so that we can empathize with them and understand the self-driving problem as deeply as possible. We analyze on-road data with a fine-toothed comb and develop system requirements from first principles. We develop strategies and roadmaps for the team using metrics that we build from the ground up. We understand we have a responsibility to communicate these plans and our progress to the company to keep everyone accountable and ultimately accelerate the deployment of safe self-driving trucks.
At Embark we strive to support all major decisions with data. As a data scientist on the Product team, you will be expected to leverage your skills in computer science, statistics, and data analysis to generate key insights that can be used to support or refute these decisions. You will be expected to build reports of your findings such that they can be shared and communicated across the company and used in project development, technical roadmaps, and more. Your input and analyses will be instrumental in setting a direction for the engineering team.
- Analyze and improve existing data sources and metrics.
- Develop new metrics/models to measure our trucks driving performance and understand how our trucks act and react in complex, nuanced, and rare situations.
- Lead cross-functional projects alongside other data scientists, software engineers, and product managers to provide understanding and confidence in the features and changes we are working on.
Your Experience Might Include:
- Significant experience in Python, C++, Go, or similar.
- Data science and data analysis experience.
- Experience with tools for manipulating big data such as Spark or Hadoop.
- Experience working with robotics data such as ROS bags.
- Expertise in querying and working with SQL or other relational databases.
- Knowledge of data manipulation languages like Python, R, or MATLAB.
When you apply, address the application to Dominique and let me know why you want to join our team.
A few company highlights: