Snap a Pic & Pay Any Bill in Seconds
About the Role:
If you are an experienced engineer who has led security efforts before, then this is the job for you. As an early member of a team starting a project, you will have the rare opportunity to do things right from the get-go.
This is an opportunity to further develop your knowledge of, and experience with, the latest industry best practices. We handle sensitive data on behalf of our customers and partners. The security of our applications & infrastructure is a priority, as is compliance with frameworks such as HIPAA, PCI & SOC II.
Flexibility, communication, and a willingness to learn are of the highest importance. Papaya believes that diversity helps build an inclusive culture where all team members can grow, contribute, and feel valued. If you agree, we’d love to hear from you!
Remote engineers who are within North American time zones are welcome to apply.
What you will do:
- Design & build HIPAA, PCI & SOC II compliant systems
- More importantly, design and build systems that are exemplars of security best practices
- Assist in organizational security assessments and defining secure processes
- Lead security awareness and security knowledge sharing with the Engineering team to foster a culture of security
- Collaborate with fellow Papaya engineers on secure development techniques by performing security design reviews on new and existing software and infrastructure
- Mentor future security engineers at Papaya
What you can bring:
- Expert level knowledge of security best practices
- Experience in securing AWS infrastructure and sophisticated applications
- Experience with security controls for information security compliance programs including SOC-II, PCI & HIPAA
- Experience with Kubernetes hardening
- Proficient in at least one programming language of your choice
- Experience with vulnerability management & pen testing processes and tools
- Fintech experience is not necessary but will be a huge plus
Papaya started in 2016 with a goal to alleviate the stress of paying bills. We’ve adopted our phones for everything else, why not eliminate the need for calls, mailing checks, and tedious web forms? We are expanding mobile share of the $4T US consumer bill space, and are one of the fastest growing startups in Los Angeles.
The key to our success? Our people. From engineering, sales, to operations, Papaya’s team is comprised of some of the most intelligent, humble, diverse, and resourceful people you’ll ever meet. With the help of successful investors including Sequoia Capital, First Round Capital, and Silicon Valley Bank; Papaya is building something special. Our impact-driven team receives competitive salary, benefits, equity, and agency.
We love to celebrate our incredible group of hardworking employees - and it shows. We’re proud to say that we were voted one of Built In LA’s Best Small Companies to Work for in 2020! Learn more and come join us. Find out what the next step in your career could look like here at Papaya.