Noom is the behavior change company that's disrupting the wellness industry.
Noom, Inc. is a mobile solutions company focused on preventative health. Our research-backed products help people achieve real, positive outcomes. We are the first mobile technology company to receive Recognition from The Centers for Disease Control (CDC) Diabetes Prevention Recognition Program for the company’s ability to deliver a lifestyle intervention, engagement and behavior change program to prevent Type-2 diabetes. We were also awarded a grant from the National Institutes of Health (NIH).
Consumer appetite for mobile application based assistance in weight loss is accelerating. Driven by a mission to help people around the world enjoy healthier lives through better nutrition and exercise, Noom is ambitiously expanding its footprint into this market with great mobile products proven by successful user experiences.
Noom is looking for a self-motivated full-time Grant Writer to work alongside our Chief of Psychology and Director of Research. You will take the lead on writing grants and publications with the Noom research team and also with academic institutions that support Noom’s ambitious research roadmap. You will participate in formulating grant ideas, obtaining pilot data and coordinating work with internal and external research teams,, and of course being a genuine, likable Noomer who nerds out on research.
What we are looking for:
- At least one year experience grant writing
- PhD or MA in bioscience, psychology or a related field
- Live in the NYC area or be in NYC sometime in 2021
- Love writing: manuscripts, reports, reviews
- Highly organized, and able to work autonomously and meet deadlines
- You know when to ask for clarification and when to take initiative.
- You understand and embody Noom’s culture.
- You are comfortable and professional in communicating with external partners.
- You’ve got great interpersonal skills, are non-competitive, and enjoy working with a team.
What Makes This Job Amazing:
- Helping millions of people lead healthier lives every day
- Being part of Noom's rocketship (with revenue exploding 20x in the last 2 years, and team growing, there are great opportunities for advancement)
- Wonderful benefits (wellness budget, lunch budget)
- Huge learning & professional growth opportunity (professional growth is a must at Noom, we reimburse all books, send you to lots of courses, etc.)
- Being part of a transparent, high-performance, yet still close-knit culture
Please apply with a resume and cover letter. In your cover letter, please explain why you’re the best fit for this position, and why you’re interested in working for Noom.