Amplitude helps companies build better products.
Amplitude is seeking a strong senior revenue accountant with a positive attitude and affinity for process improvement within a fast-paced organization. This role will work closely with cross functional teams to ensure timely and accurate recording and reporting of revenue. This role will have a dual focus on (1) upstream process efficiency within the quote to cash process and (2) streamlining our revenue recognition process through automation and operational improvements to further scale the business. The ideal candidate will have a combination of both technical and operational accounting experience, with heavy focus on technical accounting to analyze complex revenue transactions.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ability to apply critical thinking and flexibility in advising key stakeholders (sales, legal, deal desk, FP&A) within the framework of ASC 606
- Perform contract review analysis for standard and non-standard deals to ensure proper Subscription and PS revenue recognition in accordance with ASC606 and company policy
- Ownership of reconciliations and other processes within the worldwide revenue close cycle
- Ensure timely and accurate reporting of key revenue data
- Own, maintain, and improve the SSP model and assessment
- Work collaboratively with core revenue team to ensure all fully executed agreements are properly processed and accounted for.
- Collaborate with Deal Desk and Legal to drive improvements in the contract management process.
- Lead and assist with other special projects as needed; drive projects to successful completion
- Strong accountability and detail oriented; prepares accurate and timely work product
- Ability to adapt to the rapid business and organizational changes that accompany a high-growth environment
- Ability to convey and present information to a wide range of audience including cross-functional partners and executive leadership
- Ability to effectively manage multiple workflows and provide timely feedback and input while keeping management aware of key issues.
- Prepare support for audit requests
- Assist in Design, implementation, execution, and documentation of key revenue controls
- Participate in system enhancement projects to streamline the order to cash process
- Ad hoc requests as needed
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- 3-5 years of Software/SaaS revenue accounting experience
- Big 4 external audit experience required
- Software and SaaS industry preferred
- Solid working knowledge and experience in application of ASC 606, including variable consideration, multiple POBs, material rights, contract modifications, termination for convenience, and SSP
- Understanding of internal controls and experience in a SOX environment
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Demonstrates high performance standards, passion for excellence and continuous improvement
- Strong organizational/project management skills and detail-oriented self-starter with the ability to work independently to meet deadlines
- Team player with strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Adaptable to an ever-changing environment
- Strong Excel skills are required
- Experience with NetSuite, Salesforce, and RevPro preferred