Amplitude helps companies build better products.
We're looking for a Senior Software Engineer to help build out our data collection and processing framework and aren't afraid to tackle the challenges of a growing data company. As a member of the Data Pipeline team, you will be responsible for designing, building, and deploying the features and scaling underlying distributed systems that power our core analytics product by processing up to 1 trillion impressions per month.
In this role, you will get to solve hardcore Infrastructure challenges like designing for extreme throughput, designing/optimizing systems with millisecond latencies, building resilient systems to achieve close to zero downtime. You will also get to interact with everything from our in-house highly available data collection and real time data processing pipeline to our export framework to connect Amplitude data to internal, customer and partner systems, written in Java and Python. In Amplitude, you will also get to closely work with Product and Customers to define the strategy and roadmap for our core product and new features.
Our product sits on top of many modern technologies, including Real-Time Stream processing, Kafka, Redis/Elasticache, Amazon S3, DynamoDB, Kubernetes, Terraform. You will share your ideas with a group of similarly innovative and curious engineers.
- Take product ideas from ideation to implementation
- Develop backend services that expand the capabilities of our analytics product
- Optimize the performance and scale our data ingestion and processing infrastructure to server ever-increasing volume.
- Collaborate with Product and Design to iterate on our product
- Lead engineering discussions and mentor others on engineering best practices
- Mentor and contribute to the success of junior engineers
- Participate in design and code reviews
Skills and Experience
- B.S., M.S., or Ph.D. in Computer Science or another technical field
- 4+ years of experience working in a Software Engineering role
- Strong foundation in programming, algorithms, and software application design
- Passionate about solving challenging problems and iterating quickly
- Previous experience with Python or Java is a plus
- Previous experience in distributed systems, data processing and analytics is a plus
- Technical leadership of an engineering team is a plus
Who We Are
Amplitude is built on a culture of having a growth mindset, humility, and ownership. We empower our teams to build with autonomy and collaboration and are committed to continual improvement. For more insight into how we work and what life is like at Amplitude, take a look at our KeyValues profile: https://www.keyvalues.com/amplitude
The Company: Amplitude is filled with humble, life-long learners who are eager to help one another and the company succeed. Our values of growth mindset, ownership, and humility are core to the way we work: we’re tenacious in the face of challenges, we take the initiative to solve problems that drive our shared success, and we operate from a place of empathy and openness, seeking to understand many points of view.
We care about the well-being of our team! We offer:
- Medical insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Flexible time off
- Monthly wellness stipend
- Delicious in-office lunch, dinner, & snacks
- Commuter benefits
- 12-week parental leave
- Generous Learning & Development stipend
- Full 10 year window to exercise your stock options.
The Product: Amplitude is the world's #1 product intelligence platform– we empower teams to use customer data to build great product experiences for growth. We’re super proud of what we’ve built and continue to build on: a platform that enables companies to thrive.
Other fun facts about Amplitude
- Founded in 2012, Amplitude is backed by Sequoia Capital, GIC, IVP, Battery Ventures, Benchmark Capital, Y Combinator and other top tier investors.
- We recently raised our Series E, led by GIC, and crossed into the Unicorn valuation
- 25+ of the Fortune 100 are now customers of Amplitude as are innovative brands such as Atlassian, Twitter, FuboTV, and Thredup.
- We have offices in San Francisco (HQ), New York, Amsterdam, London, Paris and Singapore
- Our mascot is the datamonster, who loves to chow down on all your numbers, charts, and graphs. Nom nom.
Amplitude provides equal employment opportunities (EEO). All applicants are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.
Amplitude’s D&I Commitment: Amplitude believes that diversity enables creation of better products, ability to solve complex problems, and drive more powerful solutions. In order to make diversity possible, we commit to striving to create an environment of inclusion: an environment focused on psychological safety, empathy, and human connection, which will allow employees of all backgrounds to feel the care they need to thrive.