Glossier Inc. is building the future beauty company in collaboration with its customers.
We’re hiring a Business Intelligence (BI) Engineer to join our BI and Data Engineering team to elevate Glossier as an inviting, fun way to buy beauty products. You’ll join a team with the mission of empowering decision-making across the organization with self-service data, working closely with our Analytics, Data Engineering, and Data Science teams.
As a BI Engineer, you will have knowledge of relational databases and experience working with business partners in various teams. You will contribute to our data pipeline transforming data from a number of sources into structured “business-ready” data. A successful candidate will combine their technical skills in SQL, a passion for creative problem solving, and an intense curiosity.
At Glossier we are also mindful of building an inclusive culture, where decisions are made transparently and we support each other's learning and growth. Data is a critical component at Glossier and ensuring consistent, reliable access to our data is a significant strategic priority. We expect you to have good communication skills and collaborate across functions to deliver robust solutions in correspondence with the business needs of the company.
Our Data Stack
- Data warehousing with Snowflake
- AWS for serving infrastructure (Lambdas, EC2, S3, Postgres RDS)
- Fivetran, Stitch, DBT, Segment, Kinesis, DBT for ETLs
- Looker and Amplitude as BI platforms
- Deployments and containerization with Docker and Kubernetes
- Python and SQL
Six Month Expectations
- Have learned and become comfortable with our Data stack and structures
- Contributed updates to the Glossier Data Pipeline
- Collaborated with multiple business units and have contributed to meaningful updates in their data processes
- Collaborated with the Data team on best practices and overall business strategy
Twelve+ Month Expectations
- Delivered improvements data pipeline and data warehousing components that are simple, reliant, and performant
- Streamlined table performance and processes in our data pipeline
- Have made numerous contributions to our data pipelining system and data monitoring
- Have become comfortable with the practices and data needs of 1 or more business units at Glossier
- Have taken an active role in designing the future of our data pipeline or BI platforms
- 1 - 3 years of experience working in analytics, BI engineering, solutions architecture or related STEM fields
- 1+ years of working experience with various relational databases or data warehouses
- 1 - 2 years of working experience in BI platforms or reporting tools
- Working knowledge of SQL (Python is a plus)
- Willingness to learn and work outside of their comfort zone
- Has an analytical mindset and thinks creatively to solve complex problems
- Ability to pivot between tasks and projects quickly based on prioritization and needs
- Highly motivated to work with the Data team to drive to solve complex problems
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, willing to proactively engage other team members in fostering a strong collaborative team-oriented environment
Glossier is a beauty company that lives in NYC, is sold on the internet, and promotes a skincare first philosophy that celebrates beauty in real life.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity (“EEO”) Employer. It has been and will continue to be a fundamental policy of Glossier not to discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, gender, gender identity, pregnancy, marital status, partnership status, domestic violence victim status, sexual orientation, age, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, veteran or military status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, caregiver status, unemployment status or any other characteristic prohibited by federal, state and/or local laws. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including hiring, promotion, demotion, compensation, training, working conditions, transfer, job assignment, benefits, layoff, and termination.