Single sign-on for backend infrastructure.
Customer Support Engineer
Job Description / Skills Required
strongDM is a customer-first, second, and third company with a rabid fan base. When was the last time you heard things like:
* Splunk's CISO Joel Fulton says "strongDM gives you what you can’t get any other way -- the ability to see what happens, replay and analyze incidents."
* Chef's co-founder Adam Jacob says "strongDM takes the friction out of getting staff access to the systems they need."
Customers love us because:
The product rocks: strongDM fundamentally changes the relationship between InfoSec, DevOps, and end users. Enforce the controls security needs while making it easier to facilitate access.
They can trust us: we built a technical product for technical buyers. We do not use jargon. There is no alternative but to always be technically accurate. We are not afraid to admit product gaps.
We’re real humans: we built a serious product without taking ourselves too seriously. Each member of the team is deadly good at their job, and yet we crack jokes on the phone with customers.
You are a consultative troubleshooter...
...who can successfully empathize with their customer and assist them in maintaining and expanding their strongDM environment. The Customer Support Engineer will be responsible for supporting customers in setting up, maintaining and improving their strongDM deployment.
What You'll Do:
- Track and address customer issues through entire support lifecycle, from logging to reproduction to resolution
- Communicate regularly with customers via written updates and live screen share sessions
- Provide expert guidance on DevOps concepts, including infrastructure architecture across cloud and on-premise environments, IT operations, security, and development technologies and processes
- Learn and deploy new technologies as part of prototyping and reproducing reported issues
- Author and update customer documentation, internal onboarding documents, and customer-centric blog posts
- Familiarity with databases (modern and legacy) , servers (Linux & Windows), networking, Docker, Kubernetes
- Deep experience with one or more of the following cloud providers: Azure, GCP, AWS
- 5+ years in Security or Infrastructure
- Professional experience interacting with clients and customers
- Confident voice in technical writing and communication
- Industry-standard base
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- 401k, HSA, FSA, short / long-term disability
- 3 months parental leave
- 3 weeks PTO + standard holidays
- Equity in a fast-growing startup
- No travel required