An on-demand delivery service.
DoorDash is looking for an Engineering Manager with strong product sense to oversee our engineering team responsible for our flagship subscription product - DashPass. DashPass, our membership program to the physical world, is a subscription product that enables consumers to enjoy the convenience of delivery without paying per-order delivery fees. We envision this membership program becoming a wallet for the physical world, where a consumer can access not only restaurants, but all the local businesses in their community, and receive benefits while shopping in-store, at home, or anywhere in between.
Your team will span mobile, web, backend engineers and will work across multiple platforms to ensure the end to end subscriber experience is flawless. This involves management of all subscription plans offered, shopping experience for subscribers, subscription management, in-app product marketing, promotions and offers for subscribers and also partnership management for DashPass. You will be partnering with GMs, operations and product leads to create a bold vision and roadmap to propel the DashPass business to exciting new heights.
What You’ll Achieve
- You will lead high-impact tech initiatives that shape our subscription platform evolution.
- Inspire your team and others with technical vision and customer obsession.
- Recruit and retain talented software engineers.
- Keep the team connected to the needs of engineering.
- Roll up your sleeves with hands on contributions when necessary.
- Maintain a positive and supportive work culture.
- Coaching, mentoring and providing career guidance.
What We're Looking For
- At least 3 years experience in an engineering management role and at least 8 years experience in a software development role.
- Experience defining the role and scope of a core platform team in a rapidly growing company.
- Product mindset and apply that to how you would build out platform services.
- Passion for systems and software, with competencies in both.
- You’re curious and dive deep into different system architectures.
- You are a leader, coach and enjoy creating opportunities for others.
- You are an organized and excellent written and verbal communicator.
Why You’ll Love Working at DoorDash
- We are leaders - Leadership is not limited to our management team. It’s something everyone at DoorDash embraces and embodies.
- We are doers - We believe the only way to predict the future is to build it. Creating solutions that will lead our company and our industry is what we do -- on every project, every day.
- We are learning - We’re not afraid to dig in and uncover the truth, even if it’s scary or inconvenient. Everyone here is continually learning on the job, no matter if we’ve been in a role for one year or one minute.
- We are customer obsessed - Our mission is to grow and empower local economies. We are committed to our customers, merchants, and dashers and believe in connecting people with possibility.
- We are all DoorDash - The magic of DoorDash is our people, together making our inspiring goals attainable and driving us to greater heights.
- We offer great compensation packages and comprehensive health benefits.
DoorDash is a technology company that connects customers with their favorite local and national businesses in over 4,000 cities and all 50 states across the United States and Canada. Founded in 2013, DoorDash empowers merchants to grow their businesses by offering on-demand delivery, data-driven insights, and better in-store efficiency, providing delightful experiences from door to door. By building the last-mile delivery infrastructure for local cities, DoorDash is bringing communities closer, one doorstep at a time. Read more on the DoorDash blog or at www.doordash.com.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of the best and brightest from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.