Capillary is a provider of cloud-based software solutions that enables retail marketers to manage their customer data, gain insights and personalize engagement across channels driving a significant increase in sales and loyalty.
Capillary Technologies is seeking a well-qualified and experienced Solutions Architect (SA). This candidate’s primary responsibility will be to participate in the creation of Solutions from concept to launch as part of a cross-functional project team. The Solution Architect’s responsibility to the team is to design, implement, and test solutions that result in compelling, easy to use application and mapping client/business requirements to system/technical requirements. SA will be responsible for a demanding and rewarding variety of duties related to the development, enhancement and delivery of an industry-leading product. If you are the person destined for this position, you have a combination of deep experience with (Java, J2EE/ ASP.NET) and server side technologies, experience with databases and data-driven application systems, a history of working successfully in small innovative software teams, and a flexible, upbeat approach to working with colleagues.
The key responsibilities for the position include:
- Develops software solutions by studying information needs; conferring with users; studying systems flow, data usage, and work processes; investigating problem areas; following the software development lifecycle.
- Develop features within our applications, including collaboration in requirements definition, prototyping, design, coding, testing and deployment.
- Understand how our applications operate, are structured, and how customers use them.
- Provide engineering support when building, deploying, configuring and supporting systems for customers.
- Participate with the engineering and operations teams to define plans for standardizing, scaling and enhancing our products and the services utilized to deploy/install/release those products.
- Investigate, analyze and make recommendations to management regarding technology improvements, upgrades and modifications.
- Determines operational feasibility by evaluating analysis, problem definition, requirements, solution development, and proposed solutions.
- Documents and demonstrates solutions by developing documentation, flowcharts, layouts, diagrams, charts, code comments and clear code.
- Prepares and installs solutions by determining and designing system specifications, standards, and programming.
- Improves operations by conducting systems analysis; recommending changes in policies and procedures.
- Provides information by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing development and service issues.
- Accomplishes engineering and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
- Supports and develops software engineers by providing advice, coaching and educational opportunities.
- Bachelors/Masters degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Technology or similar technical discipline; or, equivalent demonstrable experience.
- 4-12+ years of experience as a software engineer; demonstrated success developing a variety of software systems while taking on increasing responsibility for data analysis, integration , design, implementation and deployment tasks
- Proficiency developing and troubleshooting complex software systems that run in mixed-environments including Linux, Unix and/or Windows on desktop and server.
- Previous experience configuring and using any or all of the following highly desirable: Java, J2EE, .NET, Hibernate, SOAP, WPF, WCF, REST API, TCP/IP networking, MS SQL and MYSQL.
· Knowledge and experience in object oriented programming language like .NET & Java.
· Working experience with ETL/ESB tools is added advantage
· Prior experience in data visualization frameworks will be a plus