Online, self-serve life insurance company.
United States of America
Ethos was built to make it faster and easier to get life insurance. Our approach blends industry expertise, technology, and the human touch to find you the right policy to protect your loved ones. Using predictive analytics, we are able to transform a traditionally 15-week process into a modern digital experience for our users.
Our investors include Sequoia Capital, Accel Partners, Google Ventures, Jay-Z, Kevin Durant, and Robert Downey Jr. We are listed as Forbes’ Top 50 Fintechs of 2020 as well as featured on VentureBeat for raising $60m in our series C funding. We are scaling quickly and looking for passionate people to protect the next million families.
About the Role
We’re looking for a curious & hungry Growth Marketer to be a key player in scaling up our Paid Marketing programs. This is an exciting opportunity to test and scale new channels at Ethos (such as Affiliate, Influencers, Content, Partnerships, and others) and have a big impact on the bottom line.
This requires setting up, analyzing, and optimizing campaigns and test pilots on a daily basis to efficiently acquire customers for Ethos’ life insurance business. We’re looking for someone with a unique combination of skill sets - including analytical, creative, and empathetic thinking. You're result-driven and you have a history of exceeding expectations. You should thrive in fast-paced environments. This position will report to the Senior Growth Manager and work alongside a team of passionate marketers who are driven by the Ethos mission, product, and consumer base.
This position is full-time and based in San Francisco, CA, Austin, TX, or remote.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Launch and test new marketing channels such as Affiliate, Influencers, and Lead Generation.
- Be the champion of growth initiatives by identifying new channels and optimizing existing ones.
- Run experiments across acquisition channels to increase sales.
- Analyze new channels and partners to measure impact, and develop ways to scale traffic and revenue.
- Use your intelligence, experience, creativity, and organizational skills to solve problems with minimum input from others.
- Execute growth marketing campaigns - from developing campaign strategy, to driving execution through to completion.
- Manage third-party ad platforms and ad networks alongside internal tools.
- Track performance on a weekly and monthly basis and make adjustments to improve target KPIs.
- Collaborate with the Marketing and Creative teams to develop and test new ad themes, including writing copy, identifying best practices for landing pages, and developing new creative iterations.
- Communicate frequently and proactively with vendors to manage and optimize media buys.
- Take initiative in supporting new acquisition channels as the company further diversifies its marketing mix.
- Share insights across the marketing department and cross-functional, and contribute to overall customer acquisition strategy, creative development, and best practices.
Qualifications and Skills:
- You have the ability to synthesize data, make data-driven decisions, and balance quantitative measurement with an intuition-driven bias to action. SQL experience is a plus.
- Prior success working in B2C marketing, especially consumer financial products - Experience in life insurance or fintech is a plus
- You’re a self-starter, a go-getter, and a get-it-doner. You thrive in fast-paced environments and like getting your hands dirty. Ideally, experienced in startup companies.
- Ideally, 2+ years of experience in relevant channels using Affiliate, Partnerships, and Influencers to drive sales - or proven ability to quickly learn, test, and scale new channels.
- Experience on affiliate marketing platforms such as CJ, Raktuen, Impact Radius is a plus
- Ability to evaluate and negotiate complex proposals and paid opportunities
- You are driven and nimble enough to work in a rapidly growing company that is reinventing an antiquated industry. You tolerate ambiguity, are adaptable, and can collaborate cross-functionally to achieve your results. Most importantly, you demonstrate problem-solving leadership.
- Ability to effectively prioritize workload and manage changes in direction.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- You're skilled at blending analytical and creative.
Everyone is welcome at Ethos. We are an equal opportunity employer who values diversity and inclusion and look for applicants who understand, embrace and thrive in a multicultural world. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Pursuant to the SF Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider employment for qualified applicants with arrests and conviction records.