Intelligence Processing Unit
Graphcore has created a completely new processor, the Intelligence Processing Unit (IPU), specifically designed for artificial intelligence. The IPU’s unique architecture means developers can run current machine learning models orders of magnitude faster. More importantly, it lets AI researchers undertake entirely new types of work, not possible using current technologies, to drive the next great breakthroughs in general machine intelligence.
We believe our IPU technology will become the worldwide standard for artificial intelligence compute. The performance of Graphcore’s IPU is going to be transformative across all industries and sectors whether you are a medical researcher, roboticist or building autonomous cars.
Our team is at the forefront of the artificial intelligence revolution, enabling innovators from all industries and sectors to expand human potential with technology. What we do, really makes a difference.
Join the growing team of the UK's most exciting technology unicorn. We are the best users of Graphcore's Intelligence Processing Units (IPUs) helping customers achieve new capabilities and solve the latest problems in machine learning.
We're looking for engineers that excel in decoding complex technical and varied problems. Those lateral thinkers that love problem solving.
Would you like to join a company that is transforming the possibility of machine learning capabilities? Working at our head-quarters site in Bristol alongside core engineering and research, helping customers get the most out of our platform.
Could you be the person to help some of the world's leaders in deep learning research groups, at academic institutions, at innovative machine learning start-ups, at leading automotive companies, and at some of the world's largest cloud and internet companies?
- Working directly with colleagues and customers in the latest applications of machine learning from language translators to autonomous vehicles.
- Developing your skills and experience with self-paced learning and rotation within the organization.
- Working with cutting-edge software developers in the latest C++ and Python machine learning frameworks.
- Identifying issues that require trouble-shooting and, through analysis and collaboration with other teams, develop practical resolutions such as code fixes, work arounds and by improving documentation.
- Demonstrably strong software development capability with, for example two or more years of related experience in software engineering or applications development/technical-support/field customer-facing role(s).
- A deep understanding of computation fundamentals shown, for example, with a Bachelors in Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics or similar field.
- A proficiency with C++ & Python, and a healthy hunger for performance optimization.
- An aptitude for trouble-shooting and its evolution: from the basic symptoms through analysis and resolution with code fixes, work-arounds, improved documentation, examples, and collaboration with other teams.
- A first-class communicator, representing the company at the front-line.
- Masters or higher degree in related computationally intensive science or engineering field.
- Experience with high performance parallel programming in C++, CUDA, OpenCL.
- Experience implementing high performance numerical computation, such as Matrix Multiply and/or CNN convolution.
- Experience working with modern deep learning software architecture and frameworks including: Tensorflow, MxNet, Caffe, Caffe2, Torch, and/or PyTorch.
- Experience working and debugging issues with Linux, including system administration and drivers.
This position will be based in our office in Bristol, UK and could require occasional domestic and international travel.
We welcome people of different backgrounds and experiences and are committed to building an inclusive work environment that makes Graphcore a great home for everyone. We are an equal opportunity employer and want to build a work environment where everyone is happy, productive and respectful so they can do their best work. If you have a disability or additional need that requires accommodation, just let us know.
Please note, we are only considering candidates who have an established right to work in the UK for roles based in Bristol, UK.