Noom is the behavior change company that's disrupting the wellness industry.
At Noom, we use scientifically proven methods to help our users create healthier lifestyles, and manage important conditions like Type-II Diabetes, Obesity, and Hypertension. Our Engineering team is at the forefront of this challenge, solving technical problems that center around habits, behavior, and lifestyle.
We are looking for a Tech Lead Manager that will lead two smaller teams — Mobile Platform and Mobile Experience. This position reports to our Director of Product Engineering and will be responsible for contributing directly to the codebase and formulating a strategy on how to scale a team to more than 40 engineers in the next 2 to 3 years.
What You’ll Like About Us
- We work on problems that affect the lives of real people. Our users depend on us to make positive changes to their health and their lives.
- We base our work on scientifically-proven, peer-reviewed methodologies that are designed by medical professionals
- We’re a respectful, diverse, and dynamic environment in which Engineering is a first-class citizen, and where you’ll be able to work on a variety of interesting problems that affect the lives of real people.
- We offer a generous budget for personal development expenses like training courses, conferences, and books.
- You’ll get 19 days’ paid vacation and a flexible work policy that is remote- and family-friendly (about 70% of our engineering team is fully remote). We worry about results, not time spent in seats.
What We’ll Like About You
- You have at least 4-6 years of experience working on Android or/and iOS applications, ideally as engineering manager. You are comfortable making direct contributions to code on at least one mobile platform.
- You have a proven track record of growing engineering teams through great hires, fostering the creation of a harmonious culture, and finding the right intersection between expediency and best practice.
- You’re a great mentor, and enjoy helping other engineers grow and realize their full potential.
- A strong understanding of complex native mobile applications to help set the direction for iOS and Android as we scale
- Willingness to learn both Android and iOS platforms (we have a cross-platform mobile team)
- Excellent communicator: comfort explaining technical problems in person and in writing
- Team player: enjoys teaching new concepts to, and collaborating with, the team
- User-oriented: thoughtfulness when considering both our growing and our legacy users when implementing new features and updates, placing them as the priority
- Strong sense of responsibility and ownership; you will have come from an environment in which people are responsible for their own code
- You take your job very seriously, but you don’t take yourself too seriously!
This position is either remote or at our New York City headquarters.