On-demand moving and storage with on-demand retrieval.
Clutter is an on-demand, technology company based in Los Angeles that is disrupting the $50B/year self-storage and moving industries. We’ve built an end-to-end logistics and supply chain platform that enables us to offer consumers a much more convenient solution at price parity with the incumbents. We’ve raised $300M from a number of VCs, including SoftBank, Sequoia, Atomico and GV (formerly Google Ventures). We have 500+ team members and tens of thousands of customers in 7 major markets across the US with plans to be in 50+ markets, domestically and internationally, within the next 5 years!
At Clutter, we're fortunate to be providing a consumer value proposition that people love and one that makes economic sense - a true product/market fit that few startups ever find. To deliver on our promise to consumers, team members and investors, we're focused on hiring, training and retaining exceptional individuals. This means that we have a very thorough interview process and maintain high performance expectations, but we'll always be transparent with you and respectful of your time.
We are looking for a self-driven Real Estate Acquisitions Analyst to help Clutter execute on its self-storage and industrial real estate ambitions. The Analyst responsibilities include leading the Company's analytical efforts related to acquisition underwriting, transaction execution and investment memorandum preparation. Responsibilities also include ad hoc operational analysis, monthly and quarterly reporting preparation, investment forecasting, capital budgeting, and historical investment performance review.
What you'll do:
- Utilize acquisitions model to underwrite new acquisition deal flow; evaluate and screen potential acquisitions for a match with Clutter’s investment criteria
- Gather property-specific and market information by researching a variety of sources including industry, regulatory and economic information, demographic data, and property information
- Direct the preparation of initial asset level business plans, including documentation of strategy and forecast of financial performance
- Assist with writing acquisition briefs for investment committee
- Present and defend potential deals to investment committee for approval
- Draft letters of intent (LOIs) for new deals
- Perform market research for potential deals
- Assist with coordination for due diligence for closings
- Travel to conduct onsite visits to target acquisitions as needed
- Interact and negotiate with sell-side real estate brokers, maintain professional relationships and network as needed
- Identify financial risks and provide mitigation strategy for risks
What we're looking for:
- Bachelor's and/or Master's Degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics, or a related field
- 3-5 years of experience in financial analysis, asset management, private equity or investment banking. Real estate industry experience is preferred; experience working with an Owner/Developer a plus
- Strong work ethic and ability to support multiple projects in parallel and prioritize competing demands under the pressure of time-sensitive deadlines.
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills with a focus on Excel
- Strong analytical and financial management skills
- Strong written & verbal communication skills
- Comfortable delivering frequent direct written and oral feedback
- Willingness to work hard and get your hands dirty at a fast-growing start-up
Clutter is committed to fostering a fair, inclusive, and equal work environment. We strive to create a workplace that reflects the communities that we serve, where each team member is empowered to come to work as their true self. Diverse teams are more successful, which is why Clutter aims to be a leader in workplace equality and move both our company and the industry forward.