Security service combining advances in autonomous cars, machine learning, anomaly detection, and 2-way telepresence to enable security personnel.
Senior Electrical Engineer
San Mateo, CA, US
Job Description / Skills Required
At Cobalt Robotics, our indoor robots work together with remote human operators to keep our customers safe. We patrol 24x7 to help prevent break-ins, detect massive leaks and give our customers visibility over their space, their assets, and their data.
Cobalt's team is comprised of renowned technologists and security professionals, and backed by world-class investors such as Sequoia, Bloomberg Beta, and Coatue. In 2019, Cobalt was recognized as one of the Best Places to Work by the Silicon Valley Business Journal and the San Francisco Business Times.
We’re looking for people who want to make an impact with us and help build a company that is known for its excellence in engineering, passion for progress, and dedication to customers.
About the role: The Cobalt robot is a complex system with a variety of off-the-shelf components and custom PCBs and wiring harnesses. Our custom electronics are responsible for high power charging, power distribution, and system monitoring. On our team, you'll be responsible for everything from greenfield electronics projects, to supporting our manufacturing team to increase PCBA yields, to debugging and testing newly seen failure modes from the field. You'll work closely with other departments of engineering and operations.
What you’ll do:
- Design new PCBs including schematic, layout, and production
- Root cause manufacturing defects and improve our PCB designs to increase yield
- Design PCB test stands to improve quality as we scale manufacturing
- Support manufacturing operations, including identifying risky single source components
- Root cause field failures and issues, including ESD, EMI, thermals, and vibration
What you need:
- 3+ years of industry experience in electrical engineering
- Experience with Altium
- Experience bringing an electrical design from conception through manufacturing
- Strong PCB layout skills, especially around power electronics
- Experience with ESD and EMI issues
- Have worked in a fast paced startup environment
- Firmware experience
- Have taken a product through FCC testing
- Experience with robotics, USB, or motor controllers
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.