Druva is a leading provider of continuous data protection and disaster recovery solutions.
Druva is the global leader in Cloud Data Protection and Management, delivering the industry’s first data management-as-a-service solution that aggregates data from endpoints, servers and cloud applications and leverages the public cloud to offer a single pane of glass to enable data protection, governance and intelligence–dramatically increasing the availability and visibility of business critical information, while reducing the risk, cost and complexity of managing and protecting it.
Druva’s award-winning solutions intelligently collect data, and unify backup, disaster recovery, archival and governance capabilities onto a single, optimized data set. As the industry’s fastest growing data protection provider, Druva is trusted by over 4,000 global organizations, and protects over 40 PB of data.
Please do visit us at : https://www.druva.com/about/
As an Engineering Manager you will be leading a team of senior engineers that is responsible for delivering features and enhancements for scaleout distributed systems and applications. The role requires improvement and involvement across the full product development lifecycle from product roadmap planning, requirements specification, design, delivery, test, documentation, release management to support and maintenance. In addition you will be responsible for talent management activities including, mentoring, feedback through regular 1-1s, performance appraisals, etc.
Roles and Responsibilities
Coordinate with Product Management and architects to come up with high level design for the features, estimates, plan and timelines for the delivery.
This is a hands on role that involves understanding the product at a detailed level and contributing to design discussions and code reviews.
Define release scope in conjunction with product mgmt, own end-to-end delivery of new features and service releases, often in parallel.
Help with ongoing escalations as required. Establish lean engineering practices such as CI/CD, TDD, effective code reviews, etc.
Defining the team structure and hiring and strengthening the team to support product road map and company vision.
Coach, mentor and provide regular & timely feedback to direct reports.
10-15 Years of Experience with a consistent track record in development projects involving product development as individual contributor and team/tech lead. Experience of managing, motivating, developing / coaching and appraising team assigned to the project.
3+ years managing a team of 5+ people.
Experience in leading the development of complex, scaleout, distributed systems based on Service Oriented Architecture/Micro services (preferred).
Understand modern programming languages such as Go/Python programming and concepts such as multi-threading, data intensive applications, no SQL DB’s
Demonstrated experience in building products in the areas of Cloud/SaaS (preferred) services, Storage. Understanding of cloud technologies (AWS preferred) is plus.
- 10+ years of software development experience in C/C++/ Python/Golang
- Should be a computer science graduate with strong fundamentals & problem-solving abilities
- Should have strong systems programming expertise.
- A strong understanding of complex concepts related to computer architecture, data structures and programming practices.
- Insights into development of client-server, scaleout distributed applications with good breadth across networking, storage, micro services and other web technologies.
- Insights into bigdata technologies is a definite plus.
Role and Responsibilities:
- You should be an energetic individual who can be part of a highly capable and fast-paced team of engineers focused on building the cloud based distributed systems on AWS.
- You are passionate about continuously evolving a cloud based backup system that meets the scale, performance, availability, resiliency and efficiency requirements of a zettabyte scale, distributed, services oriented architecture on cloud.
- As data and workloads move to cloud, you maintain a keen sense of tracking newer technologies that could help build better cloud based services oriented architecture.
- You have good experience in handling reasonably large development effort and delivering on it with high quality without compromising pace and agility.
- Would be developing product in either of the languages C/Python/go-lang.
- Candidate should have 2-3 years leadership experience managing teams.
- M.Tech/ ME /B.Tech / B.E -Computer Science .
You would be part of a highly talented team contributing to the growth of our clients like NASA, PwC, Xerox, Louis Vuitton etc.
We invite you to be a part of the Pune team - hosting one of its world class facilities our employees enjoy attractive HR benefits and wholesome recreations facility along with a great career opportunity! Listed are the career opportunities:http://www.druva.com/about/careers/