Public Relations Lead
San Francisco, CA, US
Job Description / Skills Required
We are a San Francisco based team building self-driving semi trucks. We have raised $117MM in total and are backed by Tiger Global Management ($70MM Series C) and Sequoia Capital ($30MM Series B). We move freight daily between LA and Phoenix using our purpose built transfer hubs. This is an incredibly exciting time for autonomous driving and our team is looking to grow.
We are looking to hire our first full-time PR professional. This Public Relations Lead will partner with our executives and team leads to build out the PR function within the company. You will develop and implement high-level strategies that communicate our technology, accomplishments, and mission to a variety of audiences. By working across Embark's teams, you will ensure consistent, coordinated messaging to support the safe and timely deployment of Level 4 automated trucking.
You will have a unique opportunity to help shape the future of self-driving trucks, sharing our story with diverse audiences that will dramatically impact the $800 billion trucking industry.
The Public Relations Lead role will report directly to our Head of Public Policy and Communications while working closely with our founders and other executives to create messaging and engagement with our audiences, both internal and external.
- Strategic Planning & Messaging – work closely with senior leadership to hone Embark’s story and solidify its position in the space
- Campaign Planning & Execution – proactively ideate and plan initiatives and campaigns to be used to elevate Embark across external comms (PR, social)
- Media Relations & Press – identify proactive stories and news moments to share with the press; develop and maintain relationships with key reporters
- Content Creation – manage Embark's owned content creation process with collaboration from internal subject matter experts and support from external resources as needed
- Social & Web Presence – own company social media and web presence strategy; increase engagement and leverage owned channels to further tell the Embark story; work with vendors to manage website
- Thought Leadership & Executive Profiles – develop an ongoing awards & events program to elevate Embark and its leaders’ profiles and find unique opportunities for them to share their expertise
- Cross-cutting Team Support – support the Business Development, Public Policy, Strategic Partnerships, Recruiting, and Engineering teams as needed on PR activities such as preparing for media interviews, drafting press releases, and developing content
Your experience should include:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher level education
- Minimum 5 years of work experience in communications for a company in the technology or transportation industry, preferably with in-house experience
- Working with media to share company stories, maintaining relationships with reporters
- Running company announcements and securing top-tier press coverage
- Ideating interesting storylines and creative ways to engage with press and key audiences
- Starting and finishing complete projects, including press events
- Developing social media and content strategies
- Content writing, including press releases, blog posts, etc.
Your experience could include:
- A Masters degree in communications or journalism
- Creating communications strategies for C-suite executives in technology environment, and exposure to software engineering leads
- Supporting leaders in the transportation industry
- Working closely with teams to tailor PR campaigns to their specific stakeholders/audiences Digital media content planning, creation, and editing
- Crisis Communications
- Working in-house in a startup environment experiencing rapid growth
- Building a communications department from the ground up
- Interest in robotics, autonomous vehicles, and related technologies
Our team will start the applicant review process on January 11th. We appreciate your patience in the meantime.
When you apply, address the application to Jacqueline and let me know why you want to join our team.
A few company highlights: