Chief of Staff - CTO
San Francisco, CA, US
Job Description / Skills Required
We are a San Francisco based team building self-driving semi trucks. We have raised $117MM in total and are backed by Tiger Global Management ($70MM Series C) and Sequoia Capital ($30MM Series B). We move freight daily between LA and Phoenix using our purpose built transfer hubs. This is an incredibly exciting time for autonomous driving and our team is looking to grow.
We are looking for a Chief of Staff to work directly with our CTO and co-founder as we scale and grow our business on a variety of high impact projects. The Chief of Staff is a strategic and integral member of our CTO leadership team, and will work closely with all of our engineering leaders to set technical direction, manage team operations, and ensure effective prioritization and sequencing of projects. The Chief of Staff serves as a force multiplier for the CTO. Without being tied to a specific project or team, you would work directly with Brandon on the projects that are most in need of executive attention month to month.
The Chief of Staff to our CTO is a unique opportunity for those who are excited about startups. You will get to work closely with the CTO, CEO, and other executives to understand what goes on behind the scenes at a high growth startup. You do not need to be an expert in any of the topics, but you do need to be willing to work hard and learn fast. The ideal candidate is a generalist with an eye for detail, a willingness to get into the weeds, and a record of excellence in whatever they do. This individual must have the ability to build strong business relationships, promote and execute world-class emerging technology processes, and display solid leadership and teamwork skills; all coupled with the ability to think strategically yet execute in a hands-on manner.
- Oversee strategic initiatives and projects including, but not limited to emerging technology, architecture, and organizational alignment and transformation.
- Plan, coordinate, and prioritize the schedule, agenda, and activities of the CTO while ensuring no CTO responsibilities and deliverables fall through the cracks.
- Develop and manage both internal and external CTO Office communications in a way that demonstrates a deep understanding of message content and impact on the intended audience.
- Coordinate and oversee the CTO Office quarterly and annual planning process from an operational and staffing perspective.
- Develop and manage dashboard and analytics to monitor team performance indicators.
- Solicit relevant input and prepare presentations for CTO for internal and external audiences, including monthly Engineering All Hands, and bi-weekly company wide All Hands.
- Bachelor's Degree (preferably computer science or engineering)
- 3-5 years of experience in management consulting, investment banking, VC/PE/growth fund, Big Tech, or startups
- Experience managing cross-functional projects from inception to execution to close-out
- Experience developing presentations and strategic narratives for executives or senior level stakeholders
- The ability to multitask and prioritize with changes in scale, scope, and project deadlines
- Demonstrated passion for the logistics, transportation and trucking industry
Our team will start the applicant review process on January 11th. We appreciate your patience in the meantime.
When you apply, address the application to Jacqueline and let me know why you want to join our team.
A few company highlights: