Intelligence Processing Unit
Graphcore has created a completely new processor, the Intelligence Processing Unit (IPU), specifically designed for artificial intelligence. The IPU’s unique architecture means developers can run current machine learning models orders of magnitude faster. More importantly, it lets AI researchers undertake entirely new types of work, not possible using current technologies, to drive the next great breakthroughs in general machine intelligence.
We believe our IPU technology will become the worldwide standard for artificial intelligence compute. The performance of Graphcore’s IPU is going to be transformative across all industries and sectors whether you are a medical researcher, roboticist or building autonomous cars.
Our team is at the forefront of the artificial intelligence revolution, enabling innovators from all industries and sectors to expand human potential with technology. What we do, really makes a difference.
As a Software Engineer in our Virtual-IPU team based in Oslo, you will be working as part of Graphcore’s engineering team developing Graphcore scale out technology for our Intelligence Processing Unit (IPU). You will be part of a team that focuses on management, control and monitoring of our scale-out AI machines. You will be working in one of world's most exciting high-tech companies and will help drive and shape its products to seamlessly fit into the frameworks of large cloud companies.
- Experience in Go, or C++ programming
- Solid programming skills
- Likes to work with Agile SW processes - sprint planning, CI, unit testing, code reviews
- You communicate clearly and effectively in English
- You are a social person who is passionate about working in software teams
- Interest in distributed systems and SW development for embedded HW devices
- Experience with Linux containers (Docker) is a plus
- Experience with orchestration systems (Kubernetes/Slurm/OpenStack) is a plus
- Experience in software defined networking, data center security and enterprise management is a plus
- A background in cloud/IT operations or architecture is a plus
This position will work very closely with our engineering teams in Oslo and Bristol. Some customer facing activities will be required.
We welcome people of different backgrounds and experiences and are committed to building an inclusive work environment that makes Graphcore a great home for everyone. We are an equal opportunity employer and want to build a work environment where everyone is happy, productive and respectful so they can do their best work. If you have a disability or additional need that requires accommodation, just let us know.
Please note, we are only considering candidates who have an established right to work in Norway for roles based in Oslo, Norway.