Amplitude helps companies build better products.
Amplitude’s mission is to help companies build better products. We are the analytics platform of choice for many top product teams around the world including Square, Paypal, and Notion.
We’re looking for an engineer to work within Amplitude’s frontend infrastructure team, which is responsible for Amplitude’s design system / component library, UX accessibility, and dependency management across our product’s frontend. As a design systems engineer you’ll collaborate with Amplitude’s product teams (made up of engineers, designers, and product managers) to ensure they have the building blocks they need to build and improve high quality, consistent, and accessible experiences for our users.
As a Design Systems engineer you will:
- Develop the reusable components that serve as the building blocks for Amplitude’s workflows and analyses using TypeScript, React, and CSS.
- Develop systems, patterns, and tooling to ensure that the quality, performance, and accessibility of Amplitude’s React components continuously improves.
- Write user-friendly design-system documentation for our product teams to consume.
- Work closely with product teams (including product managers, designers, and engineers) to ensure the Amplitude design system is supporting their current and future needs.
- Make core architectural improvements to our frontend infrastructure, ensuring the Amplitude web app uses modern patterns and technologies that enable rapid development.
- Participate in design and code reviews.
- Lead engineering discussions and mentor other engineers on engineering best practices, especially around component reusability, accessibility, and performance.
You’ll be a great fit if several of the following statements describe you:
- You have 3+ years of experience working in a frontend or full stack engineering role.
- You enjoy building component-based UIs with modern tools like React and TypeScript.
- You have a strong understanding of how to build components that are atomic, composable, and reusable.
- You have a good understanding of current and emerging trends in web application development, including the various approaches to styling (CSS Modules, CSS-in-JS, Sass, etc.), component libraries (such as Material UI, Ant Design, and Tailwind) and design system tooling (such as Storybook, Styleguidist, and Chromatic).
- You’re familiar with WCAG Accessibility 2.0 Standards, and care about building components that are inclusive and accessible for all.
- You pride yourself in your attention to detail, and your UI / UX sensibilities.
- You care about the under-the-hood details that can make the difference between interfaces that are performant and accessible, versus those that merely look good.
- Bonus points if you have experience contributing to open-source software.
- Bonus points if you have experience building data visualizations using D3.
Who We Are
Amplitude is built on a culture of having a growth mindset, humility, and ownership. We empower our teams to build with autonomy and collaboration and are committed to continual improvement. For more insight into how we work and what life is like at Amplitude, take a look at our KeyValues profile: https://www.keyvalues.com/amplitude
The Company: Amplitude is filled with humble, life-long learners who are eager to help one another and the company succeed. Our values of growth mindset, ownership, and humility are core to the way we work: we’re tenacious in the face of challenges, we take the initiative to solve problems that drive our shared success, and we operate from a place of empathy and openness, seeking to understand many points of view.
We care about the well-being of our team: along with excellent health insurance, we offer flexible time off, a monthly wellness stipend, delicious in-office lunch, dinner, & snacks, commuting benefits, a 12-week parental leave, a generous Learning & Development stipend, and a full 10-year window to exercise your stock options.
The Product: Amplitude is a product intelligence platform– we help companies understand their users, rapidly release better product experiences, and grow their business. We’re super proud of what we’ve built and continue to build on: a platform that enables companies to thrive.
Other fun facts about Amplitude
- Founded in 2012, Amplitude is backed by Sequoia Capital, IVP, Battery Ventures, Benchmark Capital, Y Combinator and other top tier investors.
- Twenty of the Fortune 100 are now customers of Amplitude as our innovative brands such as Atlassian, Twitter, FuboTV, and Thredup.
- We have offices in San Francisco (HQ), New York, Singapore, Amsterdam, London, and Paris.
- Our mascot is the DataMonster, who loves to chow down on all your numbers, charts, and graphs. Nom nom.
Amplitude provides equal employment opportunities (EEO). All applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.
Amplitude’s D&I Commitment: Amplitude believes that diversity enables the creation of better products, the ability to solve complex problems, and drive more powerful solutions. In order to make diversity possible, we commit to striving to create an environment of inclusion: an environment focused on psychological safety, empathy, and human connection, which will allow employees of all backgrounds to feel the care they need to thrive.