Aurora delivers the benefits of self-driving technology safely, quickly, and broadly.
Bringing self-driving vehicles to our roads is the most transformative opportunity of our generation. Aurora is taking a fresh start with the development of self-driving technology, combining excellence in AI, rigorous engineering, and a team with decades of experience building robots that work.
Led by a team of seasoned experts, our mission is to deliver the benefits of self-driving technology safely, quickly, and broadly. We are designing the software and hardware to power the transportation of our future that will make our roads safer, give more people access to mobility, and reduce congestion and pollution in cities - improving the quality of life for all. The challenge in what we are endeavoring to achieve is transcendent; we are developing perhaps the world's most complex computing system and asking it to perform the task of transporting and keeping safe our most precious asset: human life.
Aurora hires people who are excited to build the future of transportation. We’re looking for people who are as excited as we are to solve these complex problems and make this tremendous impact on our future, and who want to be surrounded by great people while we do it.
Aurora Operations is looking for Service Engineering Technicians to join our Mountain View, California team. This role will be focused on maintaining our fleet vehicles, performing routine maintenance, complex repair, to collaboration with our hardware team upgrading components. This position requires great attention to detail, excellent cross-team communication, documentation and solid diagnostic chops. Must be comfortable solving difficult challenges, ready to roll up the sleeves to expedite repair and a constant eye for quality. Must have experience using OEM diagnostic tools, methodologies, and a logical troubleshooting approach.
- Work closely with Vehicle Operations, Software, and Hardware performing diagnostics, test-plans, and vehicle upgrades.
- Perform routine OEM maintenance to complex mechanical and electrical repairs.
- Document and communicate findings through process and systems
- Take ownership and escalate data or findings when appropriate
- Perform quality service and repair, work cross functionally, and bring a can-do team spirit.
- Maintain a clean and professional workspace.
- Capable of balancing and prioritizing multiple tasks.
- Mechanical aptitude: Assemble or build parts or jigs for prototypes, proficiency with mechanical fabrication (drill press, saws, hand tools, etc.).
- Testing procedures: Build and setup test rigs for mechanical and/or electrical tests across multiple teams (Hardware, Systems, Devs...etc.).
- Provides feedback, creates and implements processes and suggestions to new and/or improved workshop standards, protocols, and processes.
- 3- 6 years OEM Technician Experience
- 2-4 years Electric Vehicle experience
- Solid diagnostics chops
- Clean driving record
- Demonstrate knowledge of basic workshop etiquette, provide verbal and writing communication across all teams (No jerks)
- Direct manufacturing and prototyping experience a bonus
- Prior experience working with autonomous vehicles
- Experience with CAN bus issues
Working at Aurora
Our work has real purpose. Delivering the benefits of self-driving will save lives around the world, expand access to transportation, revitalize cities, and give people time back every day.
We’re one team. We’re inspired by the challenge of what we’re solving and the impact our work will have on society. Our camaraderie is built on respect for our work and the fundamental belief our success will be a result of working together.
The Founding Team
Aurora has assembled the most experienced leadership team in the space. Chris Urmson helped lead Carnegie Mellon’s efforts in Darpa’s Grand Challenges, then was a founding member of Google’s self-driving team. Sterling Anderson worked on the tech at MIT before leading Tesla’s Autopilot system. Drew Bagnell, also a Carnegie Mellon alum, is a machine learning expert who helped build Uber’s autonomy effort. At Aurora, these three continue to bring experts from all areas of the industry to the team. We are funded by Amazon, T Rowe Price, and some of Silicon Valley’s best venture capital firms, including Sequoia, Greylock and Index Ventures.