Carousell is a consumer-to-consumer mobile marketplace.
Carousell is one of the world’s largest and fastest growing mobile classifieds marketplace. Our mission is to inspire every person in the world to start selling and buying to make more possible for one another. We are currently in 6 markets, Singapore, Hong Kong, Philippines, Malaysia, Taiwan and Indonesia.
The Marketplace Experience (MX) team is made up of passionate individuals working together to create a trusted marketplace and provide delightful experiences for our users. Our Market Specialists play a critical role of being the eyes and ears of the local community and in safeguarding their experience. With our analytical skills and functional expertise, we provide insights and work closely with respective stakeholders to drive improvements. We’re looking for people-centric and performance-driven individuals, to deliver on results and localisation needs of the assigned local market(s).
This role will be based in Hong Kong, reporting to the Market Specialist Manager and working closely with both Marketplace Experience and Country teams.
- Offer user-related insights on trends and recommendations to local teams, to:
- Assist with the execution of new product features and/or marketing campaigns (e.g. what are the market and cultural nuances that we should factor into the user experience when launching payments in a new country)
- Identify and address user pain points or improvement areas (e.g. users do not know the correct button to click, as the translation is not suitable for the context)
- Drive accountability of Marketplace Experience team’s deliverables for the market(s) by:
- Monitoring metrics performance
- Identify anomalies to take remedial action
- Conduct weekly QA sampling for content moderation accuracy and violations
- Create and maintain automated rules based on country nuance
- Storytelling and escalating findings to the appropriate team
- Revising the metrics dashboard periodically to suit the local market’s needs
- Project manage between the Marketplace Experience and local markets teams on new initiatives that are to be rolled out, including:
- Working as a team to execute the initiative (e.g. coordinating for FAQs, Help Centre, Macros to be updated, and internal team briefing and agent training to be conducted)
- Providing insights on the new initiatives’ performance to both the Marketplace Experience team and local team’s leadership.
- Initiate Projects which can improve user experience on local level
- Understanding market trend and needs; propose solutions and requests to the team
- Working with shared-service team and operation team to run the projects
- Evaluating the results and providing improvement if any
- Own and have knowledge of all user-facing Carousell matters related to the local market, so as to be the Point of Contact among teammates and local authorities where needed.
- Other responsibilities include:
- Investigating and responding to escalations relating to user issues
- Offering local insights and nuances to the Marketplace Experience team in conversations
- Working on localisation matters (e.g. specific translation pieces relating to Marketplace Experience content)
Skills, Behaviours, Competencies:
- Minimum of 2 years of relevant experience (e.g. in Customer Service, Business-focused roles);
- Strong written and verbal communication skills for Cantonese, Mandarin and English;
- Familiarity with Zendesk GoodData, Looker and use of spreadsheets;
- Ability to prioritise tasks and work autonomously in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment;
- Confident and creative problem solver; able to drive progress and explore innovative solutions;
- Collaborative; skilled working with cross-functional or remote peers/teams; and
- Open-minded; open to varied points of view and able to adapt to different cultural environments.