Clover Health is a unique health insurance plan focused on driving down costs and producing improved health outcomes.
United States of America
Clover is reinventing health insurance by working to keep people healthier.
We value diversity — in backgrounds and in experiences. Healthcare is a universal concern, and we need people with different backgrounds and experiences to help us build the future. Our IT philosophy is one of excellence and empowerment, we develop strong partnerships that are effective where success is an iterative method to solutions and processes. We are an innovative team focused on generating long-term value. Our IT Team adopts a collaborative approach to enabling new business capabilities.
We’re looking for a Data Integration Engineer to join the team and lead the development and deployment of healthcare EDI and proprietary interfaces. You will work closely with developers, data architects, business analysts, and business users to implement robust development and monitoring infrastructure for a few hundred ETL packages. You should have experience with leading ETL tools such as SSIS, Informatica, Pentaho, and are eager to learn more.
As a Data Integration Engineer, you will:
- Collaborate closely with users and trading partners to design, develop, test, and monitor EDI communications.
- Create and manage ETL packages, triggers, stored procedures, views, and SQL transactions.
- Develop new secure data feeds with external parties as well as internal applications including the data warehouse and business intelligence applications.
- Perform regular analysis and QA, diagnose ETL and database related issues, perform root cause analysis, and recommend corrective actions to management.
- Work with a small project team to support the design, development, implementation, monitoring, and maintenance of new ETL programs.
You will love this job if:
- You are a great communicator and are able to effectively communicate across different teams and upward to senior leadership.
- You are a strategic prioritizer, and able to identify where and when to focus your energy.
- You are a problem solver and like getting your hands dirty with the details of a gnarly problem.
- You love data and using it to make metric-driven decisions.
- You are passionate about healthcare and opportunities for improving the lives of insurance members.
You should get in touch if:
- You have a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field along with 5+ years of experience in ETL programming utilizing SSIS packages, DTS, stored procedures, and SQL scripts.
- You have 5+ years of demonstrated professional experience in IT development and support roles. Professional experience in a health care setting is highly desirable.
- You have working knowledge of Visual Basic/.NET programming and health care industry EDI transaction sets including the 5010 file layouts.
- You have experience working in a Unix-based system including the ability to read and perform basic maintenance on shell scripts. Experience with Informatica and Automate tools a plus.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. We are an E-Verify company.
About Clover: We are reinventing health insurance by combining the power of data with human empathy to keep our members healthier. We believe the healthcare system is broken, so we've created custom software and analytics to empower our clinical staff to intervene and provide personalized care to the people who need it most.
We always put our members first, and our success as a team is measured by the quality of life of the people we serve. Those who work at Clover are passionate and mission-driven individuals with diverse areas of expertise, working together to solve the most complicated problem in the world: healthcare.
From Clover’s inception, Diversity & Inclusion have always been key to our success. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and our employees are people with different strengths, experiences and backgrounds, who share a passion for improving people's lives. Diversity not only includes race and gender identity, but also age, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, religion and many other parts of one’s identity. All of our employee’s points of view are key to our success, and inclusion is everyone's responsibility.